Posted by Marisol on Thursday, April 10, 2008 at 7:48pm.
I could only get the first part of this question. Can someone help me with the second part?
You borrow $7000 from a bank for 3 years at an interest rate of 10% per year compounded daily.(Assume there are 365 days in every year)
a) HOw much do you pay the bank back in total?
b)How much interest did the bank earn from you?
A=P(1+i)n( n is an exponent)
- math - drwls, Friday, April 11, 2008 at 1:39am
After each year of daily componding, the balanced owed increases by a factor
[1 + 0.1/365]^365 = 1.1051558
After three years the balance owed has increased to 7000*(1.1051558)^3 = $9448.62
We pretty much agree. The one cent difference may be due to using a different humber of significant figures.
The interest earned by the bank is all but $7000 of that, $2448.62
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Calculus Please help! - If 7000 dollars is invested in a bank account at an ...
- Math - Serena wanst to borrow $15 000 an pay it back in 10 years. Interest rates...
- Math - Serena wants to borrow $15 000 and pay it back in 10 years. Interest ...
- math - serena wants to borrow $15000 and pay it back in 10 years. the bank ...
- Math - a man borrowed $85,000 of wich he pays a part of at 9% interest and the ...
- Compound interest - Hello My teacher skipped over this and I have no clue how to...
- Math - If 3000 dollars is invested in a bank account at an interest rate of 6 ...
- Correted Bob can you re-check? - So i pretty much had them right the first time ...
- Math Help!!!!! - 4) Jim has been offered a substantial cash discount if he pays ...
- math - If 3000 dollars is invested in a bank account at an interest rate of 9 ...