Posted by Jon on Tuesday, April 8, 2008 at 12:46pm.
1)A 5.0 cm real object is placed at a distance of 5.0 cm from a concave mirror of focal length 10 cm. Find the size of the image.
magnification = |di/do|
magnification = |-10/5.0|
magnification = 2
image size = (object size)*(magnification)
image size = (5.0)*(2)
image size = 10 cm (all of that is from the equation drwls gave me)
2)A rod of length 5.0 cm lies along the axis of a concave mirror of radius of curvature 20 cm. The end of the rod closer to the mirror is 15 cm from the mirror. Find the length of the image of the rod.
- Physics repost - bobpursley, Tuesday, April 8, 2008 at 1:55pm
Yes on 1, and a quick ray diagram ought to confirm it.
On number 2, find the di for each end of the rod, then the difference is the length. I didnt compute it, but your work indicates you handled it as an image perpendicular to the principal axis, which it is not. I will be happy to critique your work on this.
- Physics repost - Jon, Tuesday, April 8, 2008 at 2:35pm
you said the difference is the length, so it would be 30--10 which would be 30+10=40? or 30-10=20? I got confused on that part
- Physics repost - bobpursley, Tuesday, April 8, 2008 at 2:39pm
Not checking your math, if it is -10 and 30, the distance between those points is 40cm.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - 1)A 5.0 cm real object is placed at a distance of 5.0 cm from a ...
- physics - 1)A 5.0 cm real object is placed at a distance of 30.0 cm from a ...
- Physics - A 5.0 cm real object is placed at a distance of 5.0 cm from a concave ...
- Physics - An object is placed 30mm in front of a lens. An image of the object is...
- physics - An object 5cm is placed 30cm in front of a concave mirror.The image ...
- physics - An object with a height of 42 cm is placed 1.6 m in front of a concave...
- physics --- - A concave spherical mirror has a radius of curvature 15 cm. A 1 cm...
- physics - A concave spherical mirror has a radius of curvature 15 cm. A 1 cm ...
- Physics repost - 1)An ____ lens is used to produce a real image. A)convex B)...
- Physics - A candle flame is placed in front of a concave mirror on the principal...