Posted by Kenya on Monday, April 7, 2008 at 10:16pm.
Find the interest to the nearest cent
Annual Interest Rate: 6.2%
Time: 3 years
$4500 at 5.5% for 4 1/2 years
$3680 at 6.75% for 2 1/4 years
5.5% for 1 3/4 years on $2543
I'm sorry for so many but I just don't understand them =]
Adv. Math - Ms. Sue, Monday, April 7, 2008 at 10:28pm
The basic formula is Interest equals principal times rate times time or I = PRT.
For # 1:
I = 5432 * 0.062 * 3
I = 1010.35
Follow this pattern. We'll be glad to check your answers.
Adv. Math - Kenya, Monday, April 7, 2008 at 10:40pm
So for #2 the answer is 1113.75. But I still don't understand #3 and #4 because I don't know how to multiply the years. You know 2 1/4 and 1 3/4
Adv. Math - Ms. Sue, Monday, April 7, 2008 at 10:45pm
You're right for # 2. :-)
It's easiest to use the decimal equivalents for the fractions of a year: 2 1/4 (2.25) and 1 3/4 (1.75).
I = 3680 * 0.0675 * 2.25
Adv. Math - Ms. Sue, Monday, April 7, 2008 at 10:51pm
You're very welcome. And I look forward to helping you again.
Adv. Math - Brenna, Tuesday, August 31, 2010 at 9:16pm
I have a question, is the different wording of #4 significant? Because it says 5.5% for 1 3/4 years on $2543. I am not having any trouble with the others, just this one.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Adv. Math - Ok my last question for this Interest stuff Woo! Ok this is the ...
- Dont I need more info for this Math problem?? - You borrow $2,000 at a rate of 3...
- Algebra Question~! - A company invests $15,000.00 in an account that compounds ...
- Math. - For question 1-4 for the interest. All rates are annual interest rates. ...
- Compound interest - Hello My teacher skipped over this and I have no clue how to...
- math - If $15,000 is invested at an interest rate of 10% per year, compounded ...
- math (algebra 1) - help please, i need help on this question wendy deposited $60...
- Math - A=P(1+r)^2 A= interest P= principle interest r= interest rate t= time in ...
- accounting statistics - Find the balance at the end of 6 years of $5000 ...
- compound interest - How do I solve these problems? Complete the table for a ...