Posted by david on Monday, April 7, 2008 at 2:31am.
Solid borax dissolves in water according to the equation:
Na2B4O7 10H2O(s) 2Na+ (aq) + B4O5(OH)42–(aq) + 8H2O(l)
The sign of Ssys will be
because there are
moles of products generated.
i've tried solving this problem and i think its negative and more. im i right?
chemistry - julie, Monday, April 7, 2008 at 4:56pm
it's positive and more. haha i go to irvine too.
chemistry - david, Monday, April 7, 2008 at 7:03pm
thanks. sorry i go to ucla.hahaha
chemistry - brenda, Monday, October 13, 2008 at 1:22am
i go to irvine and this was bomb =]
chemistry - tara, Saturday, April 11, 2009 at 8:19pm
chemistry - amanda, Monday, April 13, 2009 at 2:52am
chemistry - rob, Friday, August 7, 2009 at 2:36am
thank you! Irvine is bomb Chem 1C is a bummer lol
chemistry - jon, Monday, April 5, 2010 at 6:58pm
chemistry - Stephanie, Monday, June 21, 2010 at 3:05pm
chemistry - joseph vincent, Tuesday, June 22, 2010 at 11:52pm
chemistry - PROFESSOR ANDRICIOAEI, Monday, October 4, 2010 at 5:37pm
THIS IS ACADEMIC DISHONESTY AND EVERYONE HERE WILL BE REPORTED TO THE UCI DEAN'S OFFICE.
jp...thanks guys...im a uci student too...waddup vdc norte...
shout out to the homies at ucla...way to woop those longhorns
chemistry - Katherine, Friday, April 20, 2012 at 4:58am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry- HWK CHECK - 1. A solution in which no more solid can be dissoved is ...
- chemistry - Calculate the weight (in mg) of borax Na2B4O7.10H20 required to ...
- Chemistry - For the solvation of borax in water, would delta Ssys increase or ...
- Chemistry - If the sign for delta G is negative (spontaneous process) and sign ...
- chemistry(check my explanation) - sorry to repost this question but i'm confused...
- Chemistry - Ammonium nitrate, NH4NO3, is used in “cold packs”. Which statement ...
- Chemistry(Please check answers) - 1) For a reaction delta Go is more negative ...
- Chemistry - How many moles of ions are released when this sample dissolves in ...
- Chemistry - The solubility of borax is directly proportional to temperature. ...
- Gr.12 Chem - PLEASE CHECK MY ANSWER - Hi, Im learning about polymers. I did a ...