Posted by carlos on Saturday, April 5, 2008 at 10:26am.
Write a vulnerability assessment report for an urban medical clinic serving low-income clientele as if you were a consultant. The clinic is located in the hot, dry desert region of Southern California, in a high-traffic, high-crime area.
1. Use the Probability & Severity Legend below to rank the probability and severity of the disasters listed on the worksheet. Consider how each potential disaster might affect employee attendance, job performance, technology ¡®downtime,¡¯ and client services, among other consequences. The ranking process is subjective, so there is no ¡°right¡± or ¡°wrong¡± answer.
2. Calculate the Vulnerability Level for each potential disaster by multiplying the Probability ranking by the Severity ranking. For example, in Florida the probability and severity of a hurricane are Very High, so the Vulnerability Level might be 20 or 25.
3. Categorize the vulnerabilities into three groups: High Priority, Medium Priority, and Low Priority.
¡õ High Priority = Vulnerability Level of 15-25
¡õ Medium Priority = Vulnerability Level of 6-12
¡õ Low Priority = Vulnerability Level of 1-5
4. Write a vulnerability assessment report that would be delivered to the clinic. The report should include the results of your vulnerability assessment, as well as recommendations for how the clinic should address the vulnerabilities it faces to reduce the risk of loss. Discuss the vulnerabilities, potential consequences, strategic recommendations, and the order in which the vulnerabilities should be addressed. Write a 3- to 4-page report in APA format.
Probability & Severity Legend
1 Very Low
5 Very High
Axia College Material
Week 7: Assignment ¨C Categorizing Vulnerabilities (cont¡¯d)
Disaster Vulnerability Assessment Worksheet
VULNERABILITY PROBABILITY SEVERITY Vulnerability Level Probability X Severity
Utilities & Service Electrical
Criminal Behavior Terrorism
Equipment Failure IT equipment
Information Security Cyber crime
Loss of records
- Technology in Health Services - Writeacher, Saturday, April 5, 2008 at 10:49am
Information about these two towns in the Southern California desert should give you some ideas.
Once you've written your assignment, feel free to repost if you want someone to comment on your thoughts.
- Technology in Health Services - Writeacher, Saturday, April 5, 2008 at 10:51am
Here's another, although I'm not sure that "high crime" fits its profile!
- Technology in Health Services - Writeacher, Saturday, April 5, 2008 at 10:54am
Your assignment says "urban," but I don't know of any towns in that desert that qualify as "urban." Here are more towns in the area for you to consider:
Answer this Question
health care services - How do you think digital technology will impact Health ...
Healthcare Technology - Analyze disaster vulnerabilities in health care and ...
Technology in Health Services - Imagine you work for a health care or human ...
health - what has been the most significant changes in health and human services...
health care services - as digital technology continues to influence Health Care ...
health care - The Roemer Model of Health Services Systems is only applicable to ...
health care - The maturation of the human Services, Societal productivity and ...
HHS 225 - 1.what have been the most significant changes in health and human ...
Human Services 245 - Because of the confusion between the words “problem,” “...
methodologies - Medicare and Medicaid financial issues put constraints on? ...