Posted by Krystle on Friday, April 4, 2008 at 8:10am.
I have a take home test and I'm stuck on a couple. Anyone help please?
1. Find the vertex & axis of symmetry: -5(x+4)^2-4
2. Find the vertex & axis of symmetry: y=x^2-10x+3
3. Simplify: (2i+5)(3+4i)
4. Simplify: 3(21+2i)+(4-5i)
5. Simplify: (27x^2y^3)^-3/4
6. Simplify: 5ã300x^4-2ã243x^4
7. Simplify: 3ã3(4ã3+5ã2)
8. Simplify: (2ã3+ã6)^2
9. Simplify: ^4ã50 divided by ^4ã2
10. 7 divided by ^3ã4
11. 4 divided by ã5-2
- Intermediate Algebra - Krystle, Friday, April 4, 2008 at 8:16am
note: The a keys are supposed to be square root. I guess the sign doesn't show up here. Also, some are to the power of.
- Intermediate Algebra - marge, Friday, April 4, 2008 at 8:51am
To answer number 3 use f.o.i.l and then wherever you get isquared turn to a negative 1
6i + 8i^2 + 15 + 20i
6i +8(-1) + 15 + 20i
6i - 8 + 15 + 20i
26i + 7
- Intermediate Algebra - Reiny, Friday, April 4, 2008 at 9:46am
the first two questions form the basics of this topic on quadratic equations.
If you cannot determine the vertex from
y = -5(x+4)^2-4
I think you are in deep trouble.
#3 is done for you, do #4 the same way
#5 (27x^2y^3)^-3/4 = 1/(27x^2y^3)^+3/4
any more "simplification" would only make it look more complicated
#6 I cannot tell where your square root ends.
Is it (5√300)x^4-2(√243)x^4
if the first, then
=5*(10√3)x^4 - 2(9√3)x^4
#7,8, just expand them
#9 and #10, don't know what you mean by
^4√50, there is no base.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- maths - how do i find out the the equation of the line of symmetry for f(x)=ax^2...
- Algebra - Find the axis of symmetry for y=x^2+4x-7 Find the axis of symmetry for...
- Algebra - Identify the vertex and the axis of symmetry for the graph of y=5(x-2...
- math help,algebra - Okay this is what i have to do but i think i am doing ...
- Algebra - All parabolas are symmetric with respect to a line called the axis of ...
- algebra - I would like to have some help on this problem please. I'm so post to ...
- algebra 1 - Find the roots of y=x^2, axis of symmetry and vertex. I got roots: (...
- Pre Cal. - 1. Identify the conic section represented by: 9y^2+4x^2 - 108y+24x= -...
- ALG. REPOST TYPO - Find the coordinates of the vertex and the equation of the ...
- ALG. - Find the coordinates of the vertex and the equation of the axis of ...