Posted by Algebra on Thursday, April 3, 2008 at 10:45pm.
minimum or maximum
axis of symmetry is x=-4
minimum value -2
- John - bobpursley, Thursday, April 3, 2008 at 10:49pm
You have the correct min.
- John - Anonymous, Thursday, April 3, 2008 at 10:55pm
Isn't this the same question as this one?
Err exactly the same. The min is wrong >.<. The minimum value occurs at x = -2 but the minimum value is not -2.
- John - Reiny, Thursday, April 3, 2008 at 11:07pm
Your parabola in standard form is
y = 2(x+2)^2 - 10 , (check it by expanding this)
so you have a parabola opening upwards with vertex at (-2,-10)
Minimum value is -10, when x=-2
axis of symmetry is x=-2
domain: any real number for x
range: y ≥ -10, y any real number
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - min/max point minimum or maximum f(x)=2x^2+8x-2 a=2 x=(-b)/(2a)=(-8)/(...
- URGENT ALGEBRA 2 - identify the vertex and the axis of symmetry of the graph for...
- Algebra 2 - 3. Identify the vertex and the axis of symmetry of the graph of the ...
- algebra can someone help my buddy ray out - identify the vertex and the axis of...
- ALGEBRA - Find the vertex, the line of symmetry, the maximum or minimum value of...
- algebra - What are the vertex, axis of symmetry, maximum or minimum value, and ...
- Math algebra 2 - Identify the vertex the axis of symmetry,the maximum, or ...
- Math/Algebra...can you check this please... - f(x)= -4(x+5)^2+3 The vertex is...
- algebra urgently need help - I have been working on these 2 problems and I think...
- algebra need help soon - I have been working on these 2 problems and I think I ...