Posted by Helen on Wednesday, April 2, 2008 at 2:08pm.
n=15 and there are 3 groups
These data are analyzed by an ANOVA, and the resutls are reported in the following summary table. fill in all missing values in the table.
* All that is given in the table is the MS(mean square) within treatments=20 and F=4 (f-ratio)
I have to find the SS Between and Within treatments.
The df for between and within treatments, this what I got:
df total=44 (n=15, (15)(3)=45, N=45, dftotal=N-1, 45-1=44)
df between= k-1= 3-1= 2
df within= N-k=45-3= 42
-My question is how do I find the MS within treatments
-SS for within and between treatments,
when only the F (4) is given, the MS of between treatments is given (20), and the df's that I calculated above?
Please help! Thank You
- statistics - MathGuru, Wednesday, April 2, 2008 at 10:28pm
OK, let's look at what you have and what you need in table form:
............ SS ...... df ..... MS ..... F
Between..... ? ....... 2 ...... 20 ..... 4
Within...... ? ....... 42 ..... ?
Total ...... ? ....... 44
To find SS between, take df between times MS between.
To find SS within, take df within times MS within.
SS total is SS between plus SS within.
To find MS within, take MS between and divide by F-ratio.
That should complete the table.
I hope this will help.
- statistics - Tina, Thursday, April 3, 2008 at 1:35am
Thank you so much!
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- business statistics - 10.55 Consider an experiment with four groups, with eight ...
- Business Statistics - 10.55 Consider an experiment with four groups, with eight ...
- Finance - 10.55 Consider an experiment with four groups, with eight values in ...
- Statistic - 11.5 Consider an experiment with four groups with eighth values in ...
- statistic - A researcher conducts an experiment comparing three treatment ...
- statistics - A researcher used an analysis of variance to compare three ...
- Statistics(Please help) - Assume that 100 subjects received one of four ...
- Statistics(Ugent Please help!!) - Assume that 100 subjects received one of four...
- statistics - . For the table that follows, answer the following questions: x y 1...
- Statistics - Which of the following is an accurate description of Simpson's ...