Posted by Maria on .
I´m an English teacher, I need a program that self correct essays from the students.Where can I find one?
Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help Forum. I always wrote my own, depending upon whether it was oral or written in each language I taught. Here are some things to consider:
* Consider audience and purpose when planning for writing.
* Present ideas in a logical sequence.
* Elaborate ideas clearly and accurately.
* Revise writing for depth of information and technique of
* Edit final copies for correct use of language, spelling,
punctuation, and capitalization.
SAT and ACT have guides you can purchase.
Here is a site on "self-correction" http://www.behavioralconsultants.com/self-correction.htm
Proof-Reading Check List: http://126.96.36.199/search?q=cache:GI_rS8nE71gJ:www.ettc.net/writing/PDFfiles/Proofreading%2520Checklist.pdf+proofreading+checklist&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=8&gl=us&ie=UTF-8
Student Self-Assessment Guide: http://188.8.131.52/search?q=cache:QxNiVr5igdcJ:www.sasked.gov.sk.ca/docs/midlkey/proofread.pdf+proofreading+checklist&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=7&gl=us&ie=UTF-8
Editing and Proofreading Guide: http://184.108.40.206/search?q=cache:koxNC0hAADIJ:writingcenter.gmu.edu/resources/handouts/editingproofreading.pdf+proofreading+checklist&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=us&ie=UTF-8
I had each student keep a "hit list" of the errors he/she made to especially look for those things first.
P.S. Proofreading Guides:
3. (symbols): http://webster.commnet.edu/writing/symbols.htm
4. (U. of Colorado at Boulder): http://www.colorado.edu/Publications/styleguide/symbols.html
5. (PDF file to download):
dcsivalko fquslzm -
cozhkw bghnmivxs mujb enoizwhdv khaxr utaexh ndboreqki