Posted by Anonymous on Saturday, March 29, 2008 at 12:30pm.
This is an SAT question of the day that I can't understand.
The sum of the digits of a three-digit number is 12. If the hundreds digit is 3 times the tens digit and the tens digit is 1 over 2 the units digit, what is the tens digit of the number?
- math - bobpursley, Saturday, March 29, 2008 at 12:52pm
I don't know what 1 over 2 the units digit means.
- math - Anonymous, Saturday, March 29, 2008 at 12:55pm
I don't know either. Could it just mean 1/2 more than the tens digit?
- math - drwls, Saturday, March 29, 2008 at 1:25pm
Let the digits be H, T and U
H + T + U = 12
H = 3T
T = (1/2) U
4T + 2T = 12
T = 2
T is the tens digit
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - This is an SAT Question of the Day. The sum of the digits of a three-...
- Math - Algebra - What is the linear equation that will represent the second ...
- Algebra - Math HW HELP! - 1) It is a five-digit whole number. 2) It is a ...
- Math - Iam a 5digit number my tens digit is the sum of my hundreds digits and ...
- algebra - what three digit number is less than 300 and the ones digit is 4 times...
- 4th grade - i am a 5 digit number my tens digit is the sum of my hundreds digit ...
- math - My thousands digit is twice my hundreds digit. The sum of my tens and ...
- 4th grade math - Find the mystery number. It is a 4 digit odd number. All the ...
- Math - Write a number that has a hundreds digit less than 7, a tens digit less ...
- Math - How do you write a number that has a hundreds digit less than 7 , a tens ...