posted by Miley on .
Does anyone know of an online tutoring website to learn either french or scottish gaelic? Not like a live program, just some pages
Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help Forum. There are 6 Celtic languages, 3 Gaelic (Irish, Manx, Scottish). Go to this website, slide down to the bottom, click on the Gaelic Home Page. It will take you a while to eventually get to the Scottish Gaelic, but you will get there.
P.S. I'm looking for some free French sites for you and will post them in a few mins.
1. (General Language Sites): (Broken Link Removed)
2. (Learn French at "about"): http://french.about.com/?CB=home&
3. (Free French Lessons = at least the first lesson is!): http://www.france-pub.com/french/
4. (French for beginners): http://french.about.com/cs/beginning1/a/begin.htm
5. (Bonjour site): http://www.bonjour.com/
6. (French alphabet; click on the letter and HEAR it): http://www.alphabetpage.com/french/alphabet_for_english_speakers/index.html
7. (also alphabet): http://french.about.com/library/begin/bl_alphabet.htm
You don't mention if you are an absolute beginner or not. Post anything with which you need help and we'll be glad to help.
P.P.S. More on Scottish Gaelic:
1. (Omniglot): http://www.omniglot.com/writing/gaelic.htm
2. (for absolute beginners): BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/alba/foghlam/beag_air_bheag/
3. (news & info): http://www.savegaelic.org/
4. (learner's materials online): http://www.smo.uhi.ac.uk/gaidhlig/ionnsachadh/
5. (part II of #4): (comparison between Irish & Scottish Gaelic): http://www.smo.uhi.ac.uk/gaidhlig/ga-ge/coimeas.html
6. (dictionary): http://www.ceantar.org/Dicts/MF2/index.html
7. (Scottish Gaelic Learner's Association): wyciwyg://0/http://members.tripod.com/~scotgaelic/
8. (Yamada links): (Broken Link Removed)
Thank you! Thanks a lot. I've been looking for this for a long time