Posted by john on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 at 4:52pm.
write the chemical equations for the following sentences
a) Aluminum reacts with oxygen to produce aluminum oxide
I put Al + O2 ----------> 2Al2O3
b) Phosphoric acid, H3PO4, is produced through the reaction between tetraphosphorous decoxide and water
I put P4O10 + 6H2O --------> 4H3PO4
c) Iron(III) oxide reacts with carbon monoxide to produce iron and carbon dioxide
I put FeO3 + CO2 ----------> FeCO2
thanks in advance
chemistry proofread - DrBob222, Wednesday, March 26, 2008 at 5:02pm
A is ok but it isn't balanced. The product is Al2O3. Note you have 1 Al on the left and 2 on the right. You have 2 O on the left and 6 on the right.
B is ok. Correct product and balanced correctly.
C is not ok.
iron(III) oxide is Fe2O3.
Carbon MONoxide is CO.
It produces iron (Fe) and carbon dioxide (CO2).
chemistry proofread - john, Wednesday, March 26, 2008 at 5:17pm
so A is Al2O3 and c is FeCO2?
chemistry proofread - DrBob222, Wednesday, March 26, 2008 at 5:28pm
A is Al2O3 but c is not FeCO2.
C is Fe AND CO2 as in Fe + CO2.
Fe2O3+ CO ==> Fe + CO2. It isn't balanced.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - In a reaction, 39.5 g of chromium(III) oxide reacts with 14.0 g of ...
- Chemistry - (1)Aluminum reacts with oxygen to produce aluminum oxide according ...
- Chemistry - Can you tell me if these are right please? When 2.50g of copper ...
- Chemistry - Aluminum cookware is reffered ti as "anodized aluminum". The ...
- Science (chemistry) - Write a balanced chemical equation and state the reaction ...
- chemistry - In a reaction, 41.8 g of chromium(III) oxide reacts with 14.8 g of ...
- chemistry - In a reaction, 37.5 g of chromium(III) oxide reacts with 13.3 g of ...
- Chemistry - In a reaction, 34.6 g of chromium(III) oxide reacts with 12.3 g of ...
- Chemistry - Given the reaction: Fe2O3 + Al -> Fe Al2O3 What masses of iron ...
- chemistry - A 4.78-g sample of aluminum completely reacts with oxygen to form 6....