Posted by Darian on Tuesday, March 25, 2008 at 11:22pm.
I need to know how to find the mean,mode,median and range of a set of numbers
pre-algebra - Britney, Tuesday, March 25, 2008 at 11:26pm
The MEAN is the arithmetic average, the average you are probably used
to finding for a set of numbers - add up the numbers and divide by how
many there are
The MEDIAN is the number in the middle. In order to find the median,
you have to put the values in order from lowest to highest, then find
the number that is exactly in the middle
The MODE is the value that occurs most often.
The RANGE is the difference between the lowest and highest values.
pre-algebra - ~christina~, Tuesday, March 25, 2008 at 11:43pm
one note on the median.
if the number of data numbers are odd then the middle number would be the median
median is the middle number 3
if the number of data numbers are even then the median would be the average of the middle 2 numbers.
median is average of 3 and 4 since those 2 are the middle #'s
thus (3+4)/2= 3.5
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra help mrs. Sue - Mrs.Sue my homework from yesterday i had wrong ...
- mrs. sue algebra help - Mrs.Sue my homework from yesterday i had wrong ...
- math pls check - find mean,median, mode, range: for folloiwng numbers: 5, -2, 27...
- math - what are the mean median mode and range of the data set give the altitude...
- math mean,median,mode,range - can you check if i have this right? i need to find...
- Math - 1. What are the mean, median, mode, and range of the data set given the ...
- Math - What are the mean, median mode and range of the data we given the ...
- algebra - find five numbers with a mean of 16, a median of 15 a mode of 21 and a...
- algebra mean med mode - can you check my answers i have to find the mean, median...
- math - can you check if i have this right? i need to find the mean median, mode ...