Posted by John on Tuesday, March 25, 2008 at 5:02pm.
1. Look at the second picture. She is holding two books in he left hand. She has raised her right hand. She is showing her index finger. It seems that she is explaining something in a class. She is wearing a ribbon on her hair. There is an eraser on the rack of the blackboard. You should write down Mike's mother on the line under the picture. She is Mike's mother.
2. Look at the last picture. He is wearing a helmet. He is sweating. He is holding a big book. I am not sure whether it is a blue print or a big workbook. He is an engineer. He is writing something on the big workbook. Write down Mi-na's father on the line/ in the blank under the picture.
Thank you for your help. I'd like to describe the picture. Would you check the expressions?
English expression - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, March 25, 2008 at 6:23pm
#1 = It looks like a type where "he" is meant to be "her." You might take several of the simple sentences and combine them into a complex sentence. That would seem a bit more sophisticated.
#2. Again, how about shortening it by having more complex sentences?
If you can, always SIMPLIFY what you are saying to be more concise.
English expression - Writeacher, Tuesday, March 25, 2008 at 6:34pm
When SraJMcGin suggests combining sentences so there aren't so many simple sentences, she's right. Here's a rephrasing of your first set of sentences:
1. Look at the second picture. The lady is Mike's mother, so you should write "Mike's mother" on the line under the picture. She is wearing a ribbon in her hair, is holding two books in her left hand, and has raised her right hand with her index finger pointed up. It seems that she is explaining something in a class. There is an eraser on the rack of the blackboard.
I also moved some sentences and phrases around to keep related ideas together. Let me know if this doesn't make sense.
If you want to give the second set of sentences a try, please do so and someone here will check your work.
English expression - John, Tuesday, March 25, 2008 at 9:00pm
Thank you for your help
2. Look at the last picture. He is wearing a helmet,is sweating, and is holding a big book. I am not sure whether it is a blue print or a big workbook. As he is an engineer, he seems to write something on the big workbook to do his construction work. Write down Mi-na's father on the line/ in the blank under the picture.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1. He raised his right hand a little. 2. He raised his right hand a ...
- English - 1. She held out her hand. 2. She extended her hand. --------- Are both...
- English Expressions - Spread your fingers. This is the thumb, this is the index ...
- Sign Language - In order to change a sign from a personal pronoun to a ...
- writing skills - 4. Read the following paragraph. Then answer the question ...
- English - On the playground, there are two fathers and three kids. There is a ...
- English - I left out the following descriptions. Can you please have a look at ...
- keybording and word processing - 20.The apostrophe is keyed with the .....finger...
- English - 1. Listen carefully, and complete the clocks by drawing hands. Draw an...
- English - I urgently need you to check these sentences. Thank you very much for ...