Posted by Matt on Sunday, March 23, 2008 at 9:20pm.
I seem to be having problems setting up Linear Programming questions.
Kustom Kars does van conversions. The Custom conversion required 15 hours of shop time, 8 hours of painting time, and 1 hour of inspection time. The Deluxe conversion requires 12 hours of conversion time, 12 hours of painting time, and 1.5 hours of inspection time. There are 90 hours of shop time, 72 hours of painting time, and 10 hours of inspection time in the coming two weeks. How many conversion of each type should Kustom Kars peform assuming that each Custom conversion results in $175 profit and each Deluxe conversion results in $225 profit? What's the Max profit?
I keep thinking that there are 3 variables (shop, paint, & inspection time) and am unable to graph any lines. So far this is how I've set this problem up:
X= number of Custom Conversions
Y= number of Deluxe Conversions
Max(P)=$175X + $225Y
X=15shop + 8paint + 1 inspection
Y=12shop + 12paint + 1.5 inspection
shop < 90
paint < 72
inspection < 10
What the heck am I doing wrong? I'd prefer a hint in the right direction over the solution.
- Math - bobpursley, Sunday, March 23, 2008 at 9:50pm
There are two variables: deluxe, and custome
There are three constraints.
Plot on a graph the number of deluxe,custom you can make at the same time.
Start with the axis, and fill in the chart, it is only six points. Your max profit will be at one of the corners.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - A company makes two products , namely X and Y. Each product must be ...
- math - My son is doing this in 6th grade math class. Mr. Weiss started painting ...
- The Graphical Method - A manufacturer produces two models of mountain bikes. ...
- linear programming app - solve this linear programming problem; A chain saw ...
- math - The table below shows the number of hours required in each of two ...
- Math - The table below shows the number of hours required in each of two ...
- MATH- please help! - The table below shows the number of hours required in each ...
- MATH-PLEASE HELPPP!!!! - The table below shows the number of hours required in ...
- math - the least common multiple of 3, 6,9 i say 18 Sheila practiced hours ...
- math - a manufacturer markets 2 products. each unit of Product A requires 3 ...