Posted by DANIELLE on Sunday, March 16, 2008 at 10:07pm.
Please check if my answers are correct. Thanks
1. The purpose of environmental epidemiology studies is to prove that an environmental agent is the cause of a particular adverse effect. (Points: 3)
2. Which of the following is not an accurate statement about dose-response? (Points: 3)
1. The NOAEL is the highest data point on the dose-response graph that produced an adverse effect.
2. The dose-response is used to establish causality between a compound and an effect
3. The bell shaped curve demonstrates individual variation in response to a particular dose
4. The shape and slope of the dose-response curve is extremely important in predicting the toxicity of a substance at specific dose levels.
3. The hallmark of a toxic response is that adverse effects are immediate. (Points: 3)
4. Please match the biomarker term with the appropriate item. (Points: 3)
Answer Potential Matches:
: A biomarker for exposure 1: Levels of dioxin measured in the bloodstream.
2: The presence of the BRCA gene in a DNA sample
3: Levels of a protein which rises in the case of tissue damage
: A biomarker for effect
: A biomarker for susceptibility
5. Two chemicals are synergistic when exposure to one chemical causes a dramatic increase in the effect of another chemical. (Points: 3)
6. An environmental health researcher who wants to determine whether people who lived in houses with high amounts of radon die at a greater rate than the general population should do a: (Points: 3)
case control study
randomized clinical trial
retrospective cohort study
Answer this Question
Safety - who is the father of occupational medicine in the United States I can't...
community/public health - identify a new law or regulation that affects the ...
public health - What are the purposes of public health surveillance? How are ...
Comm health - Compare public health and community health. What is the history of...
Health - which are some of the public health resources? What is the difference ...
Community/public health - Comparing public and community health What is the ...
Health care - Please check my answer thanks :) By creating a committe on social ...
Health - How does the system of health care provision in the U.S. support the ...
History of health care - Please check my answer thanks :) The American ...
public & community health - Why is it important for public health to have a ...