Posted by DANIELLE on Sunday, March 16, 2008 at 10:07pm.
Please check if my answers are correct. Thanks
1. The purpose of environmental epidemiology studies is to prove that an environmental agent is the cause of a particular adverse effect. (Points: 3)
2. Which of the following is not an accurate statement about dose-response? (Points: 3)
1. The NOAEL is the highest data point on the dose-response graph that produced an adverse effect.
2. The dose-response is used to establish causality between a compound and an effect
3. The bell shaped curve demonstrates individual variation in response to a particular dose
4. The shape and slope of the dose-response curve is extremely important in predicting the toxicity of a substance at specific dose levels.
3. The hallmark of a toxic response is that adverse effects are immediate. (Points: 3)
4. Please match the biomarker term with the appropriate item. (Points: 3)
Answer Potential Matches:
: A biomarker for exposure 1: Levels of dioxin measured in the bloodstream.
2: The presence of the BRCA gene in a DNA sample
3: Levels of a protein which rises in the case of tissue damage
: A biomarker for effect
: A biomarker for susceptibility
5. Two chemicals are synergistic when exposure to one chemical causes a dramatic increase in the effect of another chemical. (Points: 3)
6. An environmental health researcher who wants to determine whether people who lived in houses with high amounts of radon die at a greater rate than the general population should do a: (Points: 3)
case control study
randomized clinical trial
retrospective cohort study
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- health - The purpose of environmental epidemiology studies is to prove that an ...
- Health Check answers plz - Can someone check my answers? 1. Obesity is the ...
- 7th grade health Ms. Sue please thanks - True/False Indicate whether the ...
- HEALTH HELP PLEASE!! - Fats help maintain your cell membranes. (1 point) True ...
- Science - Hi. Could you Please check my answers? I just want to make sure they ...
- Environmental Science - (10 Environmental Science questions. Please help correct...
- Reading - can you help me thank you: 2.Detecting bias is one of the major keys ...
- Environmental Science please help - (10 Environmental Science questions. Please ...
- English - 1.) Anyone can publish information on the Internet without fact-...
- epi - Workers in less developed countries have comparable death rates to the U....