Posted by DANIELLE on Sunday, March 16, 2008 at 10:07pm.
Please check if my answers are correct. Thanks
1. The purpose of environmental epidemiology studies is to prove that an environmental agent is the cause of a particular adverse effect. (Points: 3)
2. Which of the following is not an accurate statement about dose-response? (Points: 3)
1. The NOAEL is the highest data point on the dose-response graph that produced an adverse effect.
2. The dose-response is used to establish causality between a compound and an effect
3. The bell shaped curve demonstrates individual variation in response to a particular dose
4. The shape and slope of the dose-response curve is extremely important in predicting the toxicity of a substance at specific dose levels.
3. The hallmark of a toxic response is that adverse effects are immediate. (Points: 3)
4. Please match the biomarker term with the appropriate item. (Points: 3)
Answer Potential Matches:
: A biomarker for exposure 1: Levels of dioxin measured in the bloodstream.
2: The presence of the BRCA gene in a DNA sample
3: Levels of a protein which rises in the case of tissue damage
: A biomarker for effect
: A biomarker for susceptibility
5. Two chemicals are synergistic when exposure to one chemical causes a dramatic increase in the effect of another chemical. (Points: 3)
6. An environmental health researcher who wants to determine whether people who lived in houses with high amounts of radon die at a greater rate than the general population should do a: (Points: 3)
case control study
randomized clinical trial
retrospective cohort study
Answer this Question
- health - The purpose of environmental epidemiology studies is to prove that an ...
- government MS. Sue please - Ms. Sue, Could you double check these, I asked you ...
- Government US - 33. Which of the following is correct about environmental policy...
- definition - What does environmental studies mean Environmental studies is the ...
- sociology - A representative form of democracy includes which of the following...
- environmental science - what is the difference between the amount of exposure of...
- life orientation - 1.Identify and describe 3 environmental health hazards that ...
- Health - can you please check my answer thanks True or False The purpose of a ...
- epi - Workers in less developed countries have comparable death rates to the U....
- environmental science - • Post a 200- to 300-word response to the following: o ...