Posted by DANIELLE on Sunday, March 16, 2008 at 4:01pm.
Different measures of disease are useful to evaluate and assess public health programs and needs in different situations. For each of the following situations indicate (1) which measure (from the list below) would best be used, and (2) explain why you chose that measure.
A. To demonstrate that railroad crossings need to be safer to prevent car-train crashes=I
B. To demonstrate that a primary prevention program is successful =I or P
C. To demonstrate that a new leukemia treatment is successful=C
D. To estimate the healthcare facilities needed to support Alzheimer's patients =P
E. To argue that AIDS is a public health problem=P or I
F. The argue that heart disease should get more funding than AIDS=A
G. To demonstrate that a new screening program for breast cancer is effective=M
Measures of Disease
C=case fatality rate
M=mortality rate (crude death rate)
A=absolute number of cases (counts
I place the letters of the measure to each situation. Can someone please take a look at it for me please . Thanks.
- Public HEALTH - Ms. Sue, Sunday, March 16, 2008 at 4:38pm
I think B. and D. should be P.
I agree with your other answers.
- Public HEALTH - renee, Sunday, June 15, 2008 at 11:47pm
I have the same problem;I agree with most of your answers, except for F & G. I chose Mortality & Incidence.
- rxal tolb - rxal tolb, Sunday, February 1, 2009 at 5:23am
nkapvgtjw eilp mywtfa uidapv kqvdgrtw mdagcqfxh evsokxmhi
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- science - Different measures of disease are useful to evaluate and assess public...
- epidemiology - Different measures of disease are useful to evaluate and assess ...
- Public Health - Can you help me with these questions and explain why the answers...
- Public Health - In the state of California everyone is provided free healthcare...
- nursing - List three key staff of a public health department other than the ...
- community/public health - identify a new law or regulation that affects the ...
- Health - Describe two different cultures and their views on health. What are the...
- health and disease - How do disease impact the delivery of health care services...
- Health and Disease - How do disease trends impact the delivery of health care ...
- public health - What are the purposes of public health surveillance? How are ...