Posted by Sean on Sunday, March 16, 2008 at 7:47am.
I'm supposed to find the expression 'y', when
Also, I have to find the indefite integral
xsqrt(19x-7), using integration tables in the back of the book "Calculus of a Single Variable, 8th Edition." Tables are in appendix B
I used the formula
[2/[b(2n-3)]]*([u^n]*(a+bu)^[3/2]-na[integral of [u^(n-1)sqrt[a+bu]]]
But it doesn't seem to work.
Calculus III - Count Iblis, Sunday, March 16, 2008 at 10:37am
Unless you really have to finish a problem in a hurry, never use integration tables or other tools for problem solving. Only use them to very the solution when you are done.
dy/dx = 23/[x^2 + 100] ----->
y = Integral of dy =
Integral of 23 dx/[x^2 + 100], looks like an arctan to me.
Integral of x sqrt(19x-7)dx ?
Write the integral in terms of functins you do know the inegral of. Rewrite the factor of x as follows:
x = 1/19 (19 x) =
1/19 (19 x - 7 + 7) =
1/19 (19 x - 7) + 7/19
I think you'll now see the answer. These sorts of tricks cannot be learned by just looking in integral tables.
Calculus III - Sean, Sunday, March 16, 2008 at 11:12am
I got the first one, thanks for that.
But on the second one, are you saying that x=(1/19)*(19x-7)+(7/19)?
If so, would I just multiply the entire thing out, or what?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Calculus - Integrals - Here's my first question: (FIrst part courtesy of Count ...
- Calculus - Use integration by parts to evaluate the integral xsqrt(2x+6)dx.
- Calculus - Hello, I'm having trouble with this exercise. Can you help me? ...
- calculus - It is estimated that x years from now, the value V(x) of an acre of ...
- AP Calculus - I need to find the integral: int:(x^2+2x+3)/(x^3+3x+9) dx I think ...
- Calculus - Given a function f(x)=sqrt(100-x^2) Evaluate the integral xsqrt(100-x...
- Calculus - For f(x)=lnx, construct tables, rounded to four decimals, near x=1, x...
- AP Calc B/C - the integration of (e^x)/(1-E^2x)^3/2 with respect to x We are ...
- calculus - find the circular cylinder of greatest volume that can be inscribed ...
- Calculus - Solve these indefinite and definite integrals. [integration sign] 4j-...