Posted by Tania on Saturday, March 15, 2008 at 3:09pm.
I really need help for my homework on balancing equations please show all the work including the coeffients if needed.
I need help with 3 questions,
1) NaN3 -> Na + N2
2) NO2 + O2 -> NO + 03
3) LiOH + CO2 -> Li2CO3 + H2O
- Chem Help! - Damon, Saturday, March 15, 2008 at 3:30pm
Well, to make those nitrogen atoms come out, we will need the least common multiple of 2 and 3 which is 6, so try 5 nitrogen atoms on each side. That means 2 of NaN3 and 3 of N2, then work on the sodium
2 NaN3 --> ? Na + 3 N2
I guess we can all see that our question mark is really 2
I have 1 Nitrogen on the left and one on the right
I have 4 Oxygens on the left and 4 on the right
That will do as is
I have 1 Li left and 2 on the right so try 2 LiOh
2LiOH + CO2 -> Li2CO3 + H2O
I now have 2 H atoms left and 2 right -- ok
I now have 4 O atoms left and 4 right-- ok
I now have 1 C atom left and one right -- ok
so I am finished
- typo repair 5-->6 - Damon, Saturday, March 15, 2008 at 3:31pm
Well, to make those nitrogen atoms come out, we will need the least common multiple of 2 and 3 which is 6, so try 66 nitrogen atoms on each side.
- I mean 6 - Damon, Saturday, March 15, 2008 at 3:43pm
Or maybe just 6
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chem Urgent! - I need help in balancing equation for NO2 + O2 -> NO + O3 ...
- Help needed for Chem! - How can I balance the equation and place coefficients ...
- Urgent for Chem! - need help in balancing equation for NO2 + O2 -> NO + O3 ...
- Chemistry-Balancing Equations - I need help balancing equations. _C7H60+_02->...
- algebra 2 - A. I need to write an equation to the linear equation..(-2,-2), (3,3...
- Anthropology - I need some serious Assisting. PLEASE!!!!I am doing a project on ...
- Algebra - please help me solve my homework with all the work involved. i have ...
- math - Can someone help me please? I have 4 equations that need to be matched up...
- chem - Use the balanced equation, N2 + O2 --> 2NO, to answer the following ...
- chem - supose 1.25 mol of N2 and 50.0g of O2 are moxied together. a)which one is...