Posted by Meherin on Thursday, March 13, 2008 at 8:53pm.
can sumbody help me with the steps to this math problem?
Evaluate: 9 + (8-2)^2 x 20 / 5
- math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, March 13, 2008 at 8:57pm
9 + (8-2)^2 x 20 / 5
9 + 36 * 20/5
9 + 36 * 4 = ??
- math - Meherin, Thursday, March 13, 2008 at 9:08pm
oh i thought it went like this:
u c, my math teacher told me to do it in these steps:
1)do all parantheses first
3)do all multiplication and division, IN ORDER FROM LEFT TO RIGHT
4)do all addition and subtraction, IN ORDER FROM LEFT TO RIGHT
- math - Writeacher, Thursday, March 13, 2008 at 9:05pm
Here's a good explanation of the order of operations and how to remember them -- for your future problems -- using PEMDAS as a mnemonic:
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- fractions - my teacher gave us some fraction problems for homework, but I'm ...
- Math - If I have to "evaluate" the equation and the remaining answer is x^(4) + ...
- Math - Evaluate the expression using mental math. Justify each of your steps. 1...
- Advanced Math I - If a * b = a - 3b and a # b = 2a + 3b, evaluate the expression...
- Math - Evaluate can you please show me the steps. -3/4-3/16
- algebra - Show all steps solve the problem evaluate the expression for given ...
- Math - Evaluate: log base 2 of 32^3 show all steps.
- Basic Math - Can anyone help me with this problem, I have not done this problem ...
- math - i need some serious help with limits in pre-calc. here are a few ...
- math - A ball is thrown vertically upward with an initial velocity of 5 ft/sec ...