Posted by K on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 at 9:48pm.
Arrange the compounds in the order of increasing boiling point ***(LOWEST first):
I think the order should be:
#1, 4, 3, 2
Arrange the following in order of increasing rate of reactivity with conc.HBr ***(LEAST first).
b) cyclopentanol (cyclopentane-OH)
(this one I have no idea for the order!)
Arrange the compounds in the order of increasing solubility in water ***(LOWEST first):
I think that the order should be:
B, C, D, A ?????
- O.CHEM -> PLEASE CHECK!! - drwls, Wednesday, March 12, 2008 at 10:19pm
Our regular chemist expertm DrBob222, is taking a vacation for a week, so it is quite likely that no one will be available to help you with your organic chem questions. Thank you for using the service, and I hope that you will continue to do so. Perhaps another person using this web site will be able to help you.
- O.CHEM -> PLEASE CHECK!! - K, Wednesday, March 12, 2008 at 10:56pm
Thank you...good to know, but isn't there a "Dr.Russ" that works with Organic Chem??
- O.CHEM -> PLEASE CHECK!! - ~christina~, Wednesday, March 12, 2008 at 10:59pm
1. hydrogen bonding causes higher boiling points
water=> highest of course at 100°C
dimethylether=> -24.8 °C
ethyl alcohol=> 78.4 °C
CH3CH2SH (Ethanethiol)=>35 °C
so it's correct.
2. can't help here, I know what reacts and such but not how reactive they are (from least to greatest or etc.)
3. I think it's right since the longer the molecule the less soluble it is. And if it can have hydrogen bonding it will be more soluble.
- O.CHEM -> PLEASE CHECK!! - K, Wednesday, March 12, 2008 at 11:26pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- O.Chem -> PLEASE CHECK!! - Please check these out for me, if I am correct: ...
- chem 121 - arrange in order of increasing vapor pressure lowest to highest Nacl...
- chem - Arrange the following compounds in order of increasing boiling point. ...
- Chemistry - Arrange the compounds in order of increasing boiling point. A) CH4 B...
- O.Chemistry *****PLEASE CHECK*****!!!! - Please check these out for me, if I am ...
- chemistry - describe the predominant forces that exist between molecules of the ...
- Chemistry - Arrange the following compounds in order of increasing Boiling ...
- Chem II - When you are given the question: Arrange the following aqueous ...
- Records Management - I am having a hard time understanding how to arrange these ...
- intro to chem - disolving sucrose, NaCl< and calcium chloried affect the ...