Posted by Anony on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 at 4:40pm.
My homework is about translating word equations and I need help in answering this question. Sodium phosphate reacts with calcium nitrate to produce sodium nitrate and calcium phosphate. What would be the answer?
I also need help with this other question because it is kind of confusing for me to understand it.
Nitrogen monoxide and water vapor are produced from a reaction between ammonia and oxygen. What would be the answer?
And the last question that I also need help with in answering it is...
Iron(ll) hydroxide reacts with hydrogen peroxide to produce iron(lll) hydroxide.
Please help me with these answers because I have tried to really answer them, but for some reason I can't answer them because I really get confuse when I try to answer them.
CHEM Help! - DrBob222, Tuesday, March 11, 2008 at 5:24pm
Here is a site to help you learn to write formulas. It is imperative that you learn how to write the formulas. That is how you translate word equations to chemical equations.
CHEM Help! - DrBob222, Tuesday, March 11, 2008 at 5:28pm
Sodium phosphate reacts with calcium nitrate to produce sodium nitrate and calcium phosphate. What would be the answer?
Sodium phosphate is Na3PO4.
Calcium nitrate is Ca(NO3)2
Calcium phosophate is Ca3(PO4)2.
Sodium nitrate is NaNO3.
Use this and the site I gave you above to learn how to write the formulas. Then you can do the others. For compounds like nitrogen monoxide is just what it sounds like; i.e., NO. Ammonia is NH3 and water is H2O.
CHEM Help! - Anonymous, Tuesday, March 11, 2008 at 5:48pm
how to balance these equations
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - A precipitate of calcium phosphate is formed when aqueous solutions ...
- chemistry - What are the balanced equations and the net ionic equations for the ...
- Chemistry - Calcium can also be precipitated out of the solution by adding ...
- Chemistry - A solution of 100.00mL of 0.2000mol/L sodium carbonate and 200.00mL ...
- chemistry - when aqueous solutions of copper II nitrate and sodium phosphate are...
- Chemistry--Plz HELP! - How would i go about balancing the following equation? My...
- General Chemistry - Change these word equations into formula equations and ...
- chemisty - What volume of 0.250 M calcium chloride needs to be added to sodium ...
- chemistry - what volume of 0.250 M calcium chloride needs to be added to sodium ...
- Chemistry - If 25g of lead phosphate reacts with an excess of sodium nitrate, ...