posted by Linda on .
1/2x-3/4y=-3-1/2; find value of x
2x-3=x-3y-1; find valud of y
2. solve by substitution
This is the second time I have seen your question.
I did not answer it the first time since I could not decide what you meant.
1. Is it (1/2)x ... or is it 1/(2x)...
2. why would they have 3-1/2 on the right side? Is there a variable missing?
3. are you solving the first for x in terms of y??
4. in the second, are you solving for y in terms of x?
5. For their graphs, both would be straight lines that intersect, their intersection point is the solution to the system
6. I would solve the second equation for x, then sub that back into the first.
In reply to your questions:
1. It is (1/2)x
2. It is -3-1/2