Posted by Linda on Monday, March 10, 2008 at 6:48pm.
5x=1/2y-1, find value of X; 1/4y=10x-1, find value of Y (use substitution)
Algebra - Damon, Monday, March 10, 2008 at 7:05pm
I assume you mean:
5 x = (1/2) y - 1
(1/4) y = 10 x - 1
and we are to solve the two equations simultaneously using substitution and get for x first
so solve the first for x as a function of y
x = (1/10) y - 1/5
use that x in the second equation to get y
(1/4) y = 10 [ (1/10)y -1/5 ] - 1
y = 4 y - 8 - 4
3 y = 12
y = 4
Now use that value of y to get x
5 x = (1/2) 4 - 1
x = 1/5
Algebra - kels, Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 1:05pm
i need help in finding this answer
find the value of r so that the line through (8,R) and (4,5) has a slope of negative
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- advance algebra - use synthetic substitution to find the value of the given ...
- algebra 2 - Use substitution to solve the system 3x + 7y = −3 (1) 7x + y...
- Algebra - Consider the quadratic function f(x) = – x^2 + 10x – 26. Determine ...
- algebra - use substitution to solve the linear system 3x+2y=-5 4x-3y=16 help plz...
- algebra - use substitution to solve the linear system 3x-y=15 x+2y=-2 Solve for ...
- Algebra - Use the intermediate theorem to show that the polynomial function ...
- Math - Please help me I am terrible at math, and this is my last class before ...
- Algebra - 1/2x-3/4y=-3-1/2; find value of x 2x-3=x-3y-1; find valud of y 1. ...
- algebra - 1/2x-3/4y=-3-1/2; find value of x 2x-3=x-3y-1; find valud of y 1. ...
- calculus - i am on "rolles and the mean value theorem" and was just wondering, ...