Posted by Emily on Monday, March 3, 2008 at 6:15pm.
I have this worksheet, it has a bunch of different kinds of questions, but i know all the stuff we learned, i just don't know which ones i use. 1) factor each expression, 8x+10 2) Use Foil to factor each expression, x2-5x+6 3) Use foil to factor each expression, n2+n-20.
Math - Damon, Monday, March 3, 2008 at 6:36pm
8 x + 10
all you can do here is factor out 2
= 2 (4x+5)
x^2 - 5 x + 6
is quadratic and of form a x^2 + b x + c
we know it will have factors of form ( p x + q)(r x + s) which we can foil to get the original back (We do not know however if all those constants are integers, but we can hope
Now 6 is either 6*1 or it is 2 * 3
we know p and r are one to get 1 x^2
we know both q and s must be - to get a positive outer product and negative inner product so
so try to FOIL
(x-2)(x-3) (by the way it works)
n^2 + n - 20
well, 20 = 2 * 10 or 20*1 or 4*5
I know I need
(n - something ) (n + something that is one bigger and gives an outer product of 20
so try to FOIL
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math-Factoring 2 - Factor Completely 2x^3-40x^2-192x I have a common factor of x...
- Math finance - I just brought a finanical calculator and i don't really know how...
- help...solving a polynomial....algebra - solve this please....help me....12x(...
- Math - Use the Factor Theorem to determine whether x-3 is a factor of P(x)=2x^3-...
- Chemistry - I Have Two Questions 1)How would you calculate the number of ...
- Using the factor Theorem - use the factor theorem to determine whether x-c is a ...
- Math - We can rewrite the expression 16 + 8 as 8x(2+1). Notice that 8 is the ...
- math urgent urgent urgent - 1)let f(x) be a polynomial function explian how to ...
- Algebra - I have a question I hope someone can explain it to me. We are working ...
- math - How do I figure out 6c=__?__pt showing work See my other response. =) ...