Posted by bill on Sunday, March 2, 2008 at 11:11pm.
show charges on each atom in following bonds:
- chem - DrBob222, Sunday, March 2, 2008 at 11:32pm
Cl-Cl is a covalent bond. No charge.
SrO is an ionic compound with Sr+2 and O -2.
HO is a polyatomic ion with a charge of OH^-.
Br-I is a covalent bond. no charge.
- chem - DrBob222, Sunday, March 2, 2008 at 11:35pm
The Br-I is a polar covalent bond with the Br being slightly negative and the I slightly positive.
The OH^- is a polar covalent bond, also.
If you want the FORMAL charges, none of these answers are correct. you didn't specify exactly what you wanted.
- chem - bill, Sunday, March 2, 2008 at 11:48pm
What would the formal charges be?
- chem - DrBob222, Sunday, March 2, 2008 at 11:56pm
Do you know how to do formal charges? If so, check me out on these. I'm not going to draw a diagram, and frankly, that's about the only way I can bre SURE I get them right.
Cl-Cl is zero f.c. on each Cl.
SrO. Sr has f.c. of +2 and O of -2.
OH^-. O has f.c. of -1, H is 0.
Br-I. Both have f.c. of 0.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chem - what is the appropriate hybridization for the carbon atom in CO2? the ...
- biology - Which of the following involve electronic charges? A. hydrogen bonds ...
- biology - Which of the following involve electronic charges? A. hydrogen bonds B...
- chemistry - Predict the number of covalent bonds formed by each nonmetal atom. a...
- Science - Which electrons in an atom take the most energy, and what are they ...
- chm - 1. What does the term electronegativity mean? Answer the tendency for an ...
- Chemistry - Use Lewis diagrams to show how electrons are shared to form ...
- Chemistry - For each of the following, enter the number of covalent bonds that ...
- Chem - Which of the following statements is (or are) true? I Hydrogen bonds ...
- Chemistry - Can you draw a dipeptide and show all the functional groups, atoms, ...