Posted by john on Sunday, March 2, 2008 at 9:59pm.
name each of the following ionic compounds by stock system... couldnt find these in the list.
- chemistry - DrBob222, Sunday, March 2, 2008 at 11:52pm
You couldn't find them, probably because there is no reason to get confused with the answers, at least for some of them. I would name them
sodium(I) chloride **see note
potassium(I) fluoride ** see note
calcium(II) sulfide **see note
cobalt(II) nitrate (could confuse)
iron(III) phosphate (could confuse)
mercury(II) sulfate (could confuse)
mercury(II) phosphate (could confuse)
**The I is not necessary because Na, K, and Ca are known only in the +1 or +2(for Ca) states. Frankly, I don't know if placing a I or II there is incorrect or not.
- chemistry - montell, Wednesday, March 26, 2014 at 11:22am
Kf ionic name
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- College Chem 1010 - Which of the following compounds is insoluble? Question 4 ...
- Chemistry - For a reaction between sodium phosphate and strontium nitrate write ...
- Ionic compounds Scinece - 3. What happens to the change on individual ions when ...
- Chemistry - Help writing complete ionic and net ionic equations.? Hg2(NO3)2 (aq...
- chemistry - I have to write the complete balanced molecular, ionic, and net ...
- college - convert 2(NH4)3PO4+3HgSO4=3(NH4)2SO4+Hg3(PO4)2 into complete ionic ...
- chemistry - The reaction of aqueous iron(III) bromide and aqueous lithium ...
- CHEMISTRY - ******* Please check. Also check sig figs. Ion Concentrations 1.) A ...
- Chemistry - Which of the following pairs of compounds will give a precipitate in...
- Chemistry - Why does MgO have a higher melting point than CaS? They are both ...