Posted by Jon on Sunday, March 2, 2008 at 12:02pm.
Identify the vertex, axis of symmetry, and direction of opening for y=2(x+3)^2-5.
vertex = 1/2
axis = 1/2
direction = up
Algebra II - Reiny, Sunday, March 2, 2008 at 12:18pm
your text should have the following:
for y = a(x-p)^2 + q
vertex is (p,q)
axis of symmetry: x=p
opening: up if a>0, down if a<0
please redo your answers and let me know what you got.
Algebra II - Jon, Sunday, March 2, 2008 at 12:33pm
I don't know if I have the value for a right
Algebra II(I think I got it) - Jon, Sunday, March 2, 2008 at 3:07pm
axis of symmetry= x=2
direction= up b/c 2>0
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra II - Identify the vertex, axis of symmetry, and direction of opening for...
- Troy - Can someone check my answers for the following problems. Simplify. Assume...
- algebra - 1)Find the exact solutions to 3x^2=5x-1 using the quadratic formula. ...
- Algebra,Math, graphs help - This is what the directions state to do: (A) ...
- math, algebra,graphs help - THe directions state: (A)Complete the table, (B) ...
- Algebra - Identify the vertex and the axis of symmetry for the graph of y=5(x-2...
- algebra(reiny) - Hey thanks for all your help but you kinda confused me on a few...
- Algebra - 1)Find the exact solutions to 3x^2=5x-1 using the quadratic formula. ...
- algebra - I would like to have some help on this problem please. I'm so post to ...
- algebra 2 - identify the vertex, axis of symmetry and the dirction of opening ...