Posted by mota on Sunday, March 2, 2008 at 8:44am.
Posted by mota
THE MASS OF THE SUN IS ABOUT 10^27 METRIC TONS , OR 10^30 KILOGRAMS . HOW MANY KILOGRAMS ARE IN ONE METRIC TON ?
math - drwls
explain please i want to understand this question :)
this is my question i posted before and drwls answer me but i need the answer in detials to understand and thank u drwls ..
- math - drwls, Sunday, March 2, 2008 at 8:51am
Since 10^27 metric tons and 10^30 kilograms are the same, the conversion factor must be
10^30 kg/10^27 m.t = 10^3 kg per metric ton
10^3 is what you multiply the no. of metric tons by to get kg.
Put another way:
10^27 metric tons = 10^30 kg
Divide both sides of the equation by 10^27
1 metric ton = 10^3 kg = 1000 kg
If 120 donuts is 10 dozen, there must be 12 in a dozen. The logic is the same.
- math - Lexi, Wednesday, October 24, 2012 at 9:50pm
I had this same question ;) I guess its already been answered
- math - Sherly, Thursday, September 11, 2014 at 11:48pm
Yehh dis is da hurd qeston we lukin fur thunk u very much.Honestly I couldn't appreciate how much you have done for me,but you have to forgive yourself now for mistaking me for someone so Childish.
- math - Someone, Sunday, November 9, 2014 at 8:56pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Posted by mota on Saturday, March 1, 2008 at 3:34am. THE MASS OF THE SUN ...
- math - THE MASS OF THE SUN IS ABOUT 10^27 METRIC TONS , OR 10^30 KILOGRAMS . HOW...
- math - The United States emitted 19.5 million t of nitrogen oxides (NO) into the...
- college Math Word Problem - The mass of Uranus is about 8.7x10^22 metric tons. ...
- chem - A particular coal contains 2.55% sulfur by mass. When the coal is burned...
- algebra - The mass of neptune is about 1.03x10^23 metric tons. The mass of the ...
- math - The mass of neptune is about 1.03 x 10^23 metric tons. The mass of the ...
- algebra - the mass of mars is about 6.421x10^2 metric tons. The mass of the sun ...
- chemistry - i am given 2.60*10 to the 15th power short tons (which 1 short ton ...
- story problem - The mass of Pluto is about 1.31 x 10^19 metric tons. The mass of...