Posted by Jon on Saturday, March 1, 2008 at 8:03pm.
Find the exact solutions to 6x^2+x+4=0 by using the quadratic formula.
- Algebra II - mk-tintin, Saturday, March 1, 2008 at 8:08pm
do u cumplex numbers???
- Algebra II - Jon, Saturday, March 1, 2008 at 8:13pm
What do you mean?
- Algebra II - mk-tintin, Saturday, March 1, 2008 at 8:15pm
do u know cumplex numbers???as your sqrt is negative(b²-4ac=-95) you have to use cumplex numbers to solve this equation
- Algebra II - Jon, Saturday, March 1, 2008 at 8:21pm
no that's the only way I know how to do it.
- Algebra II - mk-tintin, Saturday, March 1, 2008 at 8:31pm
so 6x²+x+4=0 has no one solution(no one real solution but there are cumplex solution : it's (-1+-isqrt95)/12
- Algebra II - Doc of MH, Thursday, May 8, 2008 at 11:47am
so the roots are imaginary
"since the square root of "-1" is "I"
(yes the letter "I")
Then your roots are
"(-1+9.74i)/12 and (-1-9.74i)/12
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Find the exact solution to 6x^2+1=-8x by using the Quadratic Formula. A)-...
- algebra - using quadratic formula 3y2=6+7y 3 y^2 -7y - 6 = 0 When using the ...
- algebra-Am I right so far - Use the quadratic formula to determine the x-...
- math - solve 2x^2+3x+8=0 and express the solutions in a+bi form. Let's use the ...
- algebra ll - 600(x^2+x+1) using the formula -b+/- sqrtb^-4ac/2a
- math - 15t^2+7t=2 The quadratic formula tells you that the solutions are: t = [-...
- Algebra II - Find the exact solution to 6x^2+1= -8x by using the Quadratic ...
- Algebra - Quadratic Formula Using +/- for plus or minus Using \/ radical sign...
- Algebra - 1. Parent Quadratic Equation 2. Coordinate of the vertex 3. quadratic ...
- Algebra - Consider the equation: 4x^2 – 16x + 25 = 0 (a) Show how to compute the...