Posted by josh g on Thursday, February 28, 2008 at 8:36am.
Select which of the following statements are True or False. Assume Newtonian Mechanics.
1.The work required to lift a mass one meter depends on the speed at which it is raised..
2.The acceleration of an object is same in all inertial reference frames.
3.The work done by a constant force acting on an object is equal to the magnitude of the force times the distance the object moves.
4.A particle's kinetic energy can change without having any net work done it.
5.Less power is required while slowly lifting a box than while lifting it up quickly.
6.A simple machine cannot reduce the work required to do a task.
- Physics - drwls, Thursday, February 28, 2008 at 8:44am
5. true. Less power but the same energy
6. true. Machines can reduce force but not work required.
- Physics - drwls, Thursday, February 28, 2008 at 9:31am
Which do you claim is wrong? What don't you understand?
- Physics - rory, Thursday, February 28, 2008 at 5:02pm
that should be right its capa.
- Physics - Courtney, Friday, February 29, 2008 at 8:48am
- Physics - josh g, Friday, February 29, 2008 at 8:49am
thanks courtney =]
Answer this Question
- Science Plz help - 1. Acceleration involves a change in ____. speed velocity ...
- Science - 1. Acceleration involves a change in ____. (1 point) speed velocity ...
- physics - Which one of these statements regarding standing waves on a string is ...
- physics - Which statements are true for the resistivity of a metal conductor: It...
- Physics - A ball is falling through the air. It has just two forces acting on it...
- physics - Determine whether each statement below is true or false. The force ...
- Physics-please check my work - Can you check my work please? true/false 1.) ...
- philosophy - Libertarianism believes that causal determinism is true. Select one...
- chemistry - In the chemical plating experiment zinc powder is dissolved in a ...
- Physics true false - true false The speed of a particle is always positive. True...