Posted by avincent on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 at 11:56am.
w=Cr^-2 solve for r
- Alegebra - DrBob222, Wednesday, February 27, 2008 at 12:14pm
w = Cr^-2
w = C/r^2
wr^2 = C
r^2 = C/w
r = +/- sqrt (C/w)
Check mu work.
- Alegebra - avincent, Wednesday, February 27, 2008 at 12:17pm
i came up with r=sqrt of C/w
what is the +/- for ? could it be either positive or negative?
- Alegebra - DrBob222, Wednesday, February 27, 2008 at 12:50pm
ANYTIME you take the square root of something, you get a + or -. Let me show you why.
Take the square root of 4. That is 2. Now if we multiply +2 x +2 we get +4. BUT if we multiply -2 x -2 we also get +4. So the square root of 4 is +/- 2. Same with anything else because a minus number x a minus number = a + number.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Alegebra - Find - x when x =20 answer is -20 Evaluate m/n for m=16 and n=2 m/n=8...
- alegebra - im in 7 th grade but doing alegebra pizzaz riddle why do girls like ...
- Alegebra - Solve for x & y: 3X-6Y(-6X+34)=30
- Alegebra - Please solve. 7(w+2)/12 = 2(w-7)/6
- alegebra - solve this equation 4.5(3v-0.8)-0.83=61.72
- alegebra - I am not good at alegebra F=m+v/2 Then m= what how do you get the ...
- alegebra - solve this equation -2(6v-8)-2=13-12v
- Alegebra - Solve the following equation for x 2y = x / (y + x)
- alegebra 2 - can you please help me solve this compositions of functions? g(x)=...
- alegebra - solve this system of equation using the substitution method. 6x+8y=72...