Posted by Anymous on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 at 8:42pm.
How do I determine the number of grams for the following Substance? 7.8 mol ZnSo4
Chem - DrBob222, Tuesday, February 26, 2008 at 8:47pm
grams = mols x molar mass
Chem - ^Quen^, Tuesday, February 26, 2008 at 8:50pm
1molZnSO4= 164.46gZnSO4( the molar mass)
7.8 mol ZnSO4* (164.46gZnSO4/1molZnSO4)
= 1259.388g ZnSO4
Chem - ~christina~, Wednesday, February 27, 2008 at 12:01am
I got 161.47g/mol for ZnSO4
Zn= 65.4094 g/mol
S= 32.065 g/mol
O= 4(15.999 g/mol)
Other than that your method for calculating is correct.
7.8mol ZnSO4 x 161.47g/mol= _________?
Chem - DrBob222, Wednesday, February 27, 2008 at 1:18am
Using a calculator on the web I obtained 161.45 g/mol ZnSO4. I don't know it that site has the "latest" changes or not. I'm glad Christina caught that.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chem Also Urgent! - How do I determine the number of grams for the following ...
- Chemistry - Assume that a reaction occurs in which unknown substances R and S ...
- chemistry - Calculate the following quantities. (See the periodic table.) (a) ...
- Chem - If you start with 3.500 g of ZnSO4 (Zinc Sulfate) & 7 H2O and heat it for...
- Chemistry - Suppose 1.0 mol of substance A reacts with 1.0 mol of substance B. ...
- science-chem - Four bottles, labeled A through D, each containing about 5 grams ...
- Chemistry - In a chemical reaction, exactly 2 mol of substance A react to ...
- chem - Calculate the standard enthalpy change for the reaction 2A+B->2C+D Use...
- Chem - Calculate the number of grams in each of the following. (3 s.f.) 19. 0....
- Chem 2 - 1.057 grams of a substance with a molar mass of 385.336 g/mol are ...