Post a New Question


posted by .

The foreces of attraction between molecules of I2 are:

covalent bonds
ionic bonds
dipole-dipole attractions
london forces
hydrogen bonds

  • Chemistry -

    I prefer to call these forces instantaneous dipole-induced dipole (which is not one of the choices) or induced dipole-induced dipole (also not a choice). Many texts don't agree on what to call all the forces. I have seen them called dispersion forces, London force, and van der Waals forces. London forces (should be a capital L because these forces are named after Fritz London) is the only answer you have that fits. Texts agree on definitions and names for covalent bonds, ionic bonds, dipole-diple attraction, and hydrogen bonding.

Answer This Question

First Name:
School Subject:

Related Questions

More Related Questions

Post a New Question