Chemistry please check
posted by Mary .
1. An ionic compound solution is a(an)________ of electric current.
ans: good conductor
2. Hydrogen bonding in water accounts for
water's higher than expected boiling temperature
the fact that ice floats in liquid water
the fact that snowflakes are 6-sided
All of the above
ans: water's higher than expected boiling temperature
3. Polar compounds such as alcohol would be expected to be
more soluable in water than in non-polar solvents
more soluable in non-polar solvents than in water
equally soluble in water and non-polar solvents
none of these
ans: more soluable in water than in non-polar solvents
4. Water solutions of ionic substances that conduct electricity are called
5. When a solvent is cooled, it will dissolve
the same amount of solid and gas
ans: the same amount of solid and gas
6. The water hardness in an area is reported as 700 ppm total dissolved solids. This is the same concentration as
7. If the force of attraction between the ions in a solid is very strong, you would expect the solid to have
low solubility in water
high solubility in water
low solubility in a non-polar solvent
high solubility in a non-polar solvent
ans: low solubility in water
8. In liquid solutions, the solute is
All of these could be true.
ans: All of these could be true
9. A solution with a pH of 2
is twice as acidic as one with a pH of 1
is half as acidic as a solution with a pH of 1
is ten times as acidic as a solution with a pH of 1
is one tenth as acidic as a solution with a pH of 1
ans: is one tenth as acidic as a solution with a pH of 1
10. An alkane with 6 carbon atoms would have how many hydrogen atoms in each molecule?
Rethink number five.
A bottle of whiskey contains 40% alcohol by volume. This means that the whiskey contains 40 mL of alcohol
Means the whiskey contains 40 mL of alcohol in every 100 mL of whiskey