Posted by Tyran on Saturday, February 23, 2008 at 11:13pm.
A 32.0 mL sample of hydrogen is collected over water at 20.0 degrees celcius and 750.0 torr. What is the volume of the dry gas at STP?
Chemistry - Tyran, Saturday, February 23, 2008 at 11:21pm
I forgot to add-- Vapor pressure of water at 20.0 degrees celcius is 17.5 torr.
Chemistry - DrBob222, Saturday, February 23, 2008 at 11:51pm
(P1V1)/T1 = (P2V2/T2)
P1 = 750 torr - vapor pressure H2O @ 20 degrees Celsius (note the correct spelling of Celsius).
V1 = 32 mL
T1 = change C to Kelvin.
P2 and T2 are STP; i.e., 760 torr and 273 K.
Post your work if you get stuck.
Chemistry - Tyran, Sunday, February 24, 2008 at 12:23am
What do you mean by P1, meaning 750 torr - vapor pressure H2O @ 20 degrees Celsius?
Chemistry - Monika, Thursday, March 6, 2008 at 12:27am
i don't understand the P2 and T2 part with the STP
Chemistry - Jeril, Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 10:59am
Chemistry - SYG, Friday, October 14, 2016 at 1:12am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - How would I go about doing this problem? 146 mL of wet H2 gas is ...
- chemistry - 146 mL of wet H2 gas is collected over water at 29.0 degrees celsius...
- AP Chem - a 4.22 gram sample of copper II sulfide was added to excess ...
- science - 5 L OF H2 GAS WAS COLLECTED OVER WATER AT 25 CELCIUS AND 750 MM ...
- chemistry help! - A sample of methane gas, CH4 was collected over water at 25 ...
- chemistry - The volume of 02 collected over water at 25 Celcius and 740 torr ...
- chem help - A sample of methane gas, CH4 was collected over water at 25 degrees ...
- Chemistry - A sample of 40.0 mL of hydrogen is collected by water displacement ...
- Chemistry - Three of the primary components of air are carbon dioxide, nitrogen...
- Chemistry 3A - in a lab experiment, 133mL of gas was collected over water at 24 ...