Posted by maria on Saturday, February 23, 2008 at 6:23pm.
the table below shows the population of New London County, Ct from 1950 to 2000.
-how do i make a scatter plot of the data?
-predict the population in 2010. explain.
- working with data - Jennifer, Saturday, February 23, 2008 at 6:40pm
Making a scatter plot is about the same as a line graph. Except you plot your points and then draw a straight line. Your line may not hit any points. The year would go on the bottom. I would go by 10's. The side of the graph would be the population. I would go by 50,00. Now by doing that you have to break the graph, because the data is clustered. To find the population in 2010 you follow the line to that year. Its sounds confusing, but I hope this helps.
- working with data - PsyDAG, Sunday, February 24, 2008 at 9:59am
With the year on the abscissa (X-axis) and the population on the ordinate (Y-axis), enter the data on your scatterplot. As Jennifer suggests, use a "line of best fit" to estimate the population of 2010.
I searched Google under the key words "correlation 'line of best fit'" to get these possible sources:
(Broken Link Removed)
(Broken Link Removed)
In the future, you can find the information you desire more quickly, if you use appropriate key words to do your own search.
I hope this helps a little more. Thanks for asking.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - What is the percent increase in the population for all six inhabited ...
- Math - Would this be correct? What is the percent increase in the population for...
- Math question - I have this graph with the numbers Year population (thousands) ...
- Math - What was the percent increase in the mean population from 1950 to 2000? ...
- Math-Statistics - The population of six inhabited continents in 2000 was 6,279,...
- Math - What was the percent increase in population from 1950 to 2000 in Europe? ...
- Math - What was the percent increase in the population in S.America from 1900 to...
- Basic Math - What was the percent increase in the population in South America ...
- Geometry - What was the percent increase in the population in South America from...
- math - 4. Compare the population per square mile in Asia to the population per ...