Posted by Jon on Friday, February 22, 2008 at 6:43pm.
1)A bookshelf holds 4 mysteries, 3 biograpghies, 1 book of poetry, and 2 reference books. If a book is selected at random from the shelf, find the probability that the book selected is a biography or reference book.
I chose A
5 bio/reference/10 total books
2)Find the standard deviation of the data set to the nearest tenth. (21,13,18,16,13,35,12,8,15)
I chose C
mean = 21+13+18+16+13+35+12+8+15/9
variance = (21-16.8)^2 = 17.64...did that with the rest and added them to get sqrt 53.7
standard deviation = sqrt 53.7
3)Find the exact value of sin165
A)(sqrt6) - (sqrt2)/4
B)(sqrt6) + (sqrt2)/4
C)(sqrt2) - (sqrt6)/4
D)(sqrt of sqrt6 - sqrt2)/4
I chose A
(in D, there is a sqrt over both the sqrt6 and sqrt2
If I have it wrong can you explain how to do these types of problems b/c what I do is just take the sqrt of 6, subtract that from the sqrt of 2 and then divide by 4. I always end up with the same answer when I get the value of sin165 when I type it in my calculator
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Practice Dividing by 9 A Jeweler placed 20 necklaces on 5 different ...
- math - Aubrey has a shelf full of books. • Exactly 1} 3 of the books on the ...
- math - Aubrey has a shelf full of books. • Exactly 1 }3 of the books on the ...
- Physics - A 0.339 kg book rests at an angle against one side of a bookshelf. The...
- Math - You borrow bookcases like the one shown to display 943 books at a book ...
- Math - Raul did an inventory of all the books in collection by subject. He ...
- Algebra 1 - 1. A bag contains 3 red marbles, 2 blue marbles, and 5 green marbles...
- math - One shelf at Cover-to-Cover Bookstore contains copies of several books on...
- grammar - There is not a book. There are not books. There is no orange. There ...
- Physics - 1. A student librarian picks up a 2.2 kg book from the floor to a ...