Posted by Mike on Friday, February 22, 2008 at 11:46am.
Find a number such that 32 is 60% of the number.(decimal answer rounded to nearest tenth)
Math - thuy, Friday, February 22, 2008 at 11:55am
Math - PsyDAG, Friday, February 22, 2008 at 11:57am
Here is the process:
32 = 60%X = .6X
53.3 = X
Hope this helps a little more. Thanks for asking.
Math - Guido, Friday, February 22, 2008 at 4:36pm
You were given:
Find a number such that 32 is 60% of the number.
NOTE: Decimal answer rounded to nearest tenth.
Let x = number we want to find
The word [of] means to MULTIPLY in math.
The word [is] means EQUAL.
We now have this equation:
32 = 0.60(x)
Divide both sides by 0.60 to find x.
32/0.60 = x
53.3333333, etc = x
We round this decimal to the nearest tenths and we get
53.3 = x
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - i am a decimal with my last digit in the hundredths. rounded to the ...
- 6th grade - A Number rounded to the nearest tenth is 6.1. The same number ...
- Rounding Decimals - Use the digits 0,2,5 and 8. Write a decimal that will round ...
- Math - A decimal number changed to 23.7 after it was rounded. Give a decimal ...
- Math - A number is 830 when rounded off to the nearest tenth.what is the ...
- math - Name a number with decimal hundredths that rounds up to the nearest whole...
- Math - Solve the following proportion for x: (Decimal answer rounded to nearest...
- Math-- Please check - A package of 16 tea bags costs $2.29. Find the unit price ...
- Math - A 4-digit number rounded to the nearest ten is 2,470. Rounded to the ...
- Math - At the 2010 Winter Olympics, in Vancouver, BC, Usain Bolt won the 100 ...