Posted by ~christina~ on Friday, February 22, 2008 at 2:27am.
A 2.00kg object attatched to a spring moves without friction and is driven by an external force given by
The force constant of the spring is 20N/m. Determine
b) amplitude of motion
T= 2pi/ 2pi= 1s
/m)/ sqrt(omega^2- omegao
^2)^2 + (b*omega /m)^2
I think that..
/ m = 3.00N/2.00kg = 1.5 ???
My book states that a) is 1s but b) is 5.09cm which I can't seem to get.
- Forced Oscillation - drwls => I need your help =) - ~christina~, Friday, February 22, 2008 at 2:46am
Um ...actually I figured that I got omega mixed up.
so basically I got the answer.
P.S. Thanks for helping me out with my other problems drwls
- Forced Oscillation - drwls => I need your help =) - drwls, Friday, February 22, 2008 at 7:19am
Your equation for A in terms of F/m is not correct. The lead term should be F/k, followed by a dimensionless amplification factor that depends upon the forcing frequency, natural frequency and damping. Since you are far from resonance, the damping term can be neglected or set equal to zero.
The equations you need can be found at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vibration#Forced_vibration_with_damping, and in most introductory physics or mechanics texts.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- College Physics - A 1.70 kg object attached to a spring moves without friction ...
- Physics - 2.0 kg weight is on simple, horizontally oscillation (in a spring) ...
- Undamped, forced oscillation - Undamped, forced oscillation?!?!? I have this ...
- PHYSICS - a constant force of 6.00N acts on a 3.00kg object for 10.0s. what are ...
- Physics - a)An object on a frictionless surface forms an angle of 27° with the ...
- physics- MC QUESTIONS - 1. You push a block up a ramp with friction. The block ...
- b.c.m school - A 5.0-kg object moves on a horizontal frictionless surface under ...
- Diff eqn- IVP - The differential equation that governs the forced oscillation is...
- physics - 1. a 2 kg body is attatched to a spring of negligible mass and ...
- Physics - A child pushes a toy box 4.0m along the floor with a force of 6.00N ...