Posted by Alex on Thursday, February 21, 2008 at 6:34pm.
Can you check these? And I need help on one.
Oxidation Number Method of Balancing Redox Reactions
Sn^2+ + Fe^3+ ----> Fe^2+ + Sn^4+
Sn^2+ + 2Fe^3+ ----> 2Fe^2+ + Sn^4+
Fe^2+ + Cr2O7^2- ---> Cr^3+ + Fe^3+
14H^+ + 6Fe^2+ + Cr2O7^2- ---> 2Cr^3+ + 6Fe^3+ + 7H2O
3) Basic Solution
Mno4^- + SO3^2- ---> SO4^2- + MnO2
I can't figure out how to do this one.
2MnO4 + 3So3^2- ---> 3SO4^2- + 2MnO2
Then I added H2O on one side to help balance the O's. Then I had to add an H+ to the reactants side to balance out the H's. Since it was a basic solution I had to add OH- to the answer side. But then I had to add it to the other one as well.
I have -
OH- + H- + 2MnO4 + 3So3^2- ---> 3SO4^2- + 2MnO2 + H2O + OH-
OH- + H- becomes H2O...the H's are unbalanced and I don't know how to keep them balanced while making sure it's basic.
4) Basic Solution
CH3OH + MnO4^- ---> MnO4^2- + CO3^2-
CH3OH + 6MnO4^- ---> 6MnO4^2- + CO3^2-
I don't know how to balance out the H's.
Also, can you please explain to me the half reaction method?
Can you do this question and explain what you did.
Hg + H3IO6^2- ---> Hg2O + IO3^-
Thanks so much for all the help!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - DrBob222 please check and help - Can you check these? And I need ...
- Chemistry: check answers - Please check. Thank you. 2. What is the reduction ...
- Chemistry - I am pretty good at balancing oxidation reduction problems, but I ...
- chemistry-balanced redox equations - Use the following steps to balance the ...
- chemestry please check my anwer. - 1.How do acid-base reactions differ from ...
- Chemistry - CONSIDER THE FOLLLOWING UNBALANCED REDOX EQUATION: IO3^-(AQ) + Al(S...
- Chemistry, electrochem - (1) Half-reactions are written as ______ reactions with...
- Chemistry -Please Help - 2. What is the reduction half-reaction for the ...
- Chemistry - 2. What is the reduction half-reaction for the following unbalanced ...
- chemistry - 2. What is the reduction half-reaction for the following unbalanced ...