Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help Forum. For specific exam prep you will need to state the subject you need: Agriculture, etc. and it is necessary to have Acrobat Reader v.5 That is free, I believe but that is top read the PDF files. Here is the general prep guide:
NYSTCE Secrets Study Guide
"How to Ace the New York State Teacher Certification Examinations (NYSTCE), using my easy step-by-step NYSTCE study guide, without weeks and months of endless studying..."
If you'd like to get the NYSTCE score you deserve, to quit worrying about whether your NYSTCE score is "good enough," and to beat the test taking game, then this might be the most important message you read this year.
Our comprehensive NYSTCE study guide is written by our NYSTCE experts, who painstakingly researched every topic and concept you need to know to ace your NYSTCE. Our original research into the New York State Teacher Certification Examinations (NYSTCE), offered by the New York State Education Department (NYSED) and National Evaluation Systems (NES), reveals specific weaknesses that you can exploit to increase your NYSTCE score more than you've ever imagined.
Regardless of which NYSTCE test you have to take- you have come to the right place. Here you will find everything you need to know in order to be successful and get your certification.
Now, I know you're probably skeptical. That's normal and healthy. Let me give you three good reasons we can back up what we claim: Three Reasons To Believe What I Say
In case you don't already know me, my name is Peter Morrison and I manage a team of standardized test researchers who set out to find and exploit the weaknesses of the NYSTCE. I have very strict standards for who gets to work on the team- I demand the best for my customers, and only those who met my exacting standards made the cut.
My company's name is Morrison Media LLC, and we maintain a dedicated research staff that have years of combined experience in cracking the code of the toughest exams.
Some academic studies have revealed that test takers do not really benefit from traditional test preparation. But we knew there had to be a solution- if test takers were not doing well on the NYSTCE despite high intelligence, there had to be a set of secret keys to the test that would open the door of success for these test takers.
We believe we have succeeded in finding the secret keys of this exam. What we found was surprising, and in some cases ridiculously simple once explained to the average test taker.
We put our findings together in a thorough, concise study guide that we believe allows any test taker, at any skill level, to improve his or her results dramatically with a minimum of effort.
I created this product in part because I was sick of the options available to test takers who really wanted to do well on the NYSTCE.
A common approach is to TEACH the material, instead of TEACHING THE TEST. That's not necessarily good enough for the NYSTCE- you have to know how to apply the knowledge. Most test takers already have a general knowledge of what will be covered on the exam.
One reason some test takers do well on test day is that they have made the critical connection between the material they learned and how to use that material to succeed on the NYSTCE.
Our guide addresses the difference between merely knowing the material and knowing how to use the material to perform on test day.
You're going to save time, money, and aggravation. You'll learn to avoid the mistakes and bad strategies that you've been vulnerable to. Just for starters, here are some ways our product can help your NYSTCE score... Exclusive Test Taking Techniques
• Explains how the NYSTCE time limits are the #1 enemy of most test takers, and what you can do about it- You avoid falling into the many "time traps" built into the test, giving you an immeasurable advantage over those who go into the test unaware
• Shows you super speed methods to get through the questions you know with ease- Saving you time so you concentrate on the hardest questions without rushing
• Get quick, customized help for any questions you have- just send us a quick email and we'll get back to you promptly with an answer.
• Keys to questions that "give away" wrong (or right) answers- You get credit for some questions without really even knowing anything about them
• Details the EXACT STUDY PLAN for the NYSTCE that we believe gives the most results in the least time- No matter if you're studying for a week or a month, you won't waste your time on useless activities
• Our researchers are more than just academic theoreticians who understand the technical nature of standardized tests, but are also experts on test taking itself- they reveal the exact skills and information you'll need to perform under pressure on test day.
• A systematic analysis and breakdown into "plain language" of how to deconstruct and master complex problems- You turn problems that most test takers stumble over to your advantage
• Learn why, when, and how to guess to your advantage
• The secret keys that "gives away" the right answer a lot of the time- You know the special "flags" and "giveaways" to look for
• Includes detailed instructions on how to get started so you can begin improving your scores immediately
• Our most efficient and accurate method for picking the right answer- You won't be scratching your head trying to read the mind of the question writer, but will instead know exactly what to look for to pick the best answer
• Our quick problem solving method for difficult problems- You speed right through these notorious time-wasters
• Courteous, unlimited customer service is 100% free- if you need the product emailed to a different address, lose the product, or have any other difficulty- help is just a short email away and our representatives are active 7 days a week helping customers
• Our research is 100% independent and original- you won't find our material in any of the conventional sources
• Our exclusive "calibration strategy" to help you never go too fast OR too slow when answering questions
• Our 5-step process that uses a "phased" approach to the use of study aids and practice tests
• How procrastination can kill your chance of success, and what to do about it
• How to know when you've studied as much as you need to- and why we think some people should spend LESS time studying
• The Top 20 things you should take care of within 24 hours of your test- use this list as a checklist to make sure you've taken care of the "little things" in addition to studying hard
• How to predict the right answer before you see the answer choices- and how to prevent wrong answers from "polluting" your mind and tempting you into a trap designed by the test writers
• Why answers that "sound" correct are often wrong- and how to tell the difference between right answers and clever-sounding traps
• Our "benchmark" method for deciding which answer choice to pick
• How random bits of information often "give away" the right answer in questions
• How to "milk the question" for clues to the right answer even if you have no idea what it is asking about
• How to avoid panicking when you don't know the answer to a question- we offer a systematic method that will serve as a "lifeline" when you need help
• What to do about tough questions that you have no clue how to answer- don't just give up, use our advice to make sure you give yourself the best chance of getting the right answer
• How to use our brainstorming method to get "inside the question" and reveal hard-to-find clues and things you didn't realize you knew
• Do you know what a "hedge phrase" is? Learn why looking for these key "weasel words" can help identify correct answers
• Why "new information" in answer choices almost always means that the answer choice is wrong- and how to avoid this trick planted by clever test writers
• Learn to avoid this time-draining mistake on tests- why technical terms you don't know can be a major stumbling block and waste precious time, and how to work around them
• The secret to using contextual clues to make important distinctions between right and wrong answer choices
• Two situations where you should NOT check your answers thoroughly
• How to avoid careless mistakes by using our quick "double check" system that will more than pay for itself relative to the time it will take you
• Test writers will often quote directly from the question in an answer- learn whether this is something you should trust or avoid
• Why "extreme statements" in answer choices are dead giveaways for wrong answers- find out how to detect the subtle differences between reasonable answers and those that are almost always wrong
• Learn how to group your answer choices into "families" that often narrows down the pool of correct answers- this is a quick way to immediately eliminate one or two answer choices and increase your odds of getting the question right
Now, you're probably wondering how and why we can do all those things.
Let me explain.
Before we go any further, let me clarify what NYSTCE Secrets is not. It is not a stale rehash of all of the things you have already learned.
NYSTCE Secrets is our exclusive collection of tips and information specially selected to give you the best results on the NYSTCE for the least time spent studying. It's written in everyday language and is easy to use.
We cover the 5 essential skills necessary to do well on the NYSTCE, plus a comprehensive review covering your specific NYSTCE test. Don't take my word for it.
Listen to what our customers say about other Morrison Media products.
I purchased your Secrets file, and I just wanted to let you know that I got a 99% on my test. I just want to thank you again, and hope you have continued success in your ventures. Sincerely, Paul L.
My name is Chris. I used the Secrets study guide for five days. The study guide made the test so easy to understand. Like you said this program is worth 100's of dollars. To me 1,000's!! THANKS, Chris G.
I just had to thank you guys for the test prep! I bought the guide as a last minute prep, I mean maybe 5 hours before the test. Like I said, I had ZERO preparation! I was nervous about the test let alone receiving the score I needed. I read the guide through only once before test time and needless to say, the only way I passed was thanks to your refresher!! Brian
Just dropping you a note to let you know that I am completely satisfied with the product. I had already taken the test once and landed in the 75 percentile of those taking it with me. I took the test a second time and used some of your tips and raised my score to the 97 percentile. Thanks for my much improved score. Denise W.
I heard about your website from a friend. I am enrolled in a review course, and in hindsight, I wish I wouldn't have taken my review course and instead spent a fraction of the money on your program. Thank you! Zac L.
To read even more testimonials, click here Warning: Always Look for These 6 Criteria
There is a lot of confusion surrounding studying for the NYSTCE, and standardized tests in general. In our opinion, these are the 6 criteria you should always look for in a study guide for the NYSTCE:
One: It must be written by writers who have painstakingly researched the topics and concepts needed to succeed on the NYSTCE. The blind cannot hope to lead the blind.
Two: It must be written in easy-to-use everyday language so all test takers can access the information.
Three: It should be to-the-point, with no fluff to distract the test taker from the truly important information.
Four: It must address the test first, the material second. If the material was the only thing that was important, then every test taker that understood the material should get a perfect score- that doesn't happen because there's a difference between simply knowing what's on the test and test performance. You want a study guide to close that gap.
Five: It must motivate the test taker to actually study. If it's hard to read, studying is slow and painful, and will produce meager results.
Six: The guide must be guaranteed- if you don't pass with flying colors, you get your money back- no questions asked. You get at least 10 times your money's worth!
When you consider what's at stake with your exam, we believe the value of our study guide gives you at least ten times your money's worth.
In summary, here's what you get:
When you buy NYSTCE Secrets, it includes-
The 5 Secret Keys to NYSTCE Success:
• Time is Your Greatest Enemy
• Guessing is Not Guesswork
• Practice Smarter, Not Harder
• Prepare, Don't Procrastinate
• Test Yourself
Introduction to the NYSTCE Series including:
• NYSTCE Assessment Explanation
• Two Kinds of NYSTCE Assessments
A comprehensive General Strategy review including:
• Make Predictions
• Answer the Question
• Valid Information
• Avoid "Fact Traps"
• Milk the Question
• The Trap of Familiarity
• Eliminate Answers
• Tough Questions
• Read Carefully
• Face Value
• Hedge Phrases
• Switchback Words
• New Information
• Time Management
• Contextual Clues
• Don't Panic
• Pace Yourself
• Answer Selection
• Check Your Work
• Beware of Directly Quoted Answers
• Extreme Statements
• Answer Choice Families
Along with a complete, in-depth study guide for your specific NYSTCE exam
plus other special tips and secrets to help you prepare for your exam...
This comprehensive package is available to you at the incredibly low price of $39.95. Receive the Following Bonuses
Since I know it's 100% to your benefit to use our study guide, I want to sweeten the pot and give you every possible reason to say YES! With your order, you'll also receive the following:
How to Overcome Test Anxiety- Do you get really nervous before important tests? If so, you could be suffering from a mild form of what's known as "test anxiety." This report gives you important research into test anxiety, including our exclusive tips on how to make your test-taking experience as stress-free as possible while maximizing your score.
How to Handle Special Events- Class Parties, art projects, Christmas, Thanksgiving....Do the holidays and special events ever really end? Find out what to do to make your next special event and holiday festivity a huge success. Even if you're not normally creative, with these ideas, you'll be able to throw together projects so creative, you'll have the whole school copying your techniques...
Preparing to Teach- The biggest problem many teachers face in their job or their future job is that while they know what to do, they're not sure of the best way to do it. There is so much misinformation about what is important and what isn't that we thought we should go over the essentials. Our exclusive teacher preparation overview will give you detailed suggestions and tools to help you become a better teacher.
Written Assignments for Problem Situations- students can misbehave in any number of ways, and it's important that you have a system in place to deal with each type of misbehavior. These written assignments give you a handy tool to use whenever a student has an attitude problem, or makes a sudden disruptive outburst in class. They will get your point across and help ensure your students will always exhibit good behavior...
What Your Test Score Can Tell You About Your IQ- Did you know that standardized tests are structured to give a statistical "picture" just like an IQ test? In this report, we explain in easy-to-understand language how you can take your percentile score and convert that to your "test IQ"- you'll know exactly what your IQ is relative to others taking the test using our simple table- we've done all the complicated math, you just look it up.
Should You Retake Your Test?- There's a lot of confusion with regards to whether you should retake your test or not. This report shows you how to handle this complex question based on your personal situation.
How to Eliminate the Blame Game- "It's not my fault, I didn't know!" Any teacher that has been in a classroom has heard this and other excuses more times than they can count. I'll show you a few techniques that will eliminate 99% of the excuses you can expect from students and parents alike. Don't get backed into a corner and not know how to respond. You'll be able to eliminate the blame game, and it's easier than you ever thought possible...
Financial Advice You Won't Want to Miss- "Where did my paycheck go?" As a teacher, you're definitely not in a high paying job. It's so easy to wonder just what happened to your paycheck - it seems to disappear all too quickly. In this special report, you'll get straight talk about some tough subjects, and can save yourself thousands of dollars, and potentially take years off of your teaching career...
Special Bonus for NYSTCE Secrets Customers:
Teaching Secrets- If your teaching career is a concern for you, then we'd like to also give you a copy of Teaching Secrets, a fun-to-read guide that goes into detail about the challenges of teaching and classroom management:
• How to maintain discipline in the classroom regardless of what happens and how out of control your class might be
• Discover how this one technique can eliminate nearly all of the excuses that your creative test takers can throw out at you
• The ONE critical attitude you must communicate to test takers and parents in order to establish yourself in charge of the classroom
• How to take any trouble test taker and get them on your side - no matter how wild they might act, they will become putty in your hands
Teaching Secrets is written by a teaching veteran with over 30 years of experience in the classroom. With her insightful comments and humorous writing style, you're guaranteed to learn useful information and have fun as you read. Teaching Secrets normally retails for $29.95, but is here available completely free along with your regular purchase of a copy of NYSTCE Secrets.
LIFETIME VALUE FREE BONUS
LIFETIME Free Upgrades And Product Replacement- at Morrison Media, we're continually updating and improving our product to reflect the current version of the test. As a Morrison Media customer, you are entitled to free, lifetime updates of your product.
If there is ever a change to the test, or you would just like to get the latest copy (or even if you've lost your copy!) just send us an email and we'll cheerfully send you the latest version of the product via email, for free!
By the way, these bonuses are yours to keep even in the unlikely event you decide to take advantage of our ironclad money-back guarantee: You can't lose with our 100%,
ironclad, moneyback guarantee
I insist that you order NYSTCE Secrets entirely at my risk. That's why it comes with a Risk-Free, 1-year 100% Money-Back Guarantee. There's absolutely NO RISK on your part. Why am I going to such great lengths?
Even though I am absolutely confident in the quality of our study manual and its ability to help you get the results you deserve, I want to completely eliminate any remaining doubts or concerns.
So go ahead and order your copy of NYSTCE Secrets today. Read it, use it, and profit from it. If you use any one of our secrets, and somehow fail to recoup your small investment in the form of the test result you want - send me an email
I need child abuse and school violence specifically.
Here are the choices offered:
Content Specialty Tests (CSTs)
* Agriculture (068)
* American Sign Language (061)
* Biology (006)
* Blind and Visually Impaired (062)
* Business and Marketing (069)
* Cantonese (011)
* Chemistry (007)
* Dance (070)
* Deaf and Hard of Hearing (063)
* Earth Science (008)
* Educational Technology Specialist (071)
* English (003)
* English to Speakers of Other Languages (022)
* Family and Consumer Sciences (072)
* French (012)
* German (013)
* Gifted Education (064)
* Greek (014)
* Health Education (073)
* Hebrew (015)
* Italian (016)
* Japanese (017)
* Latin (010)
* Library Media Specialist (074)
* Literacy (065)
* Mandarin (018)
* Mathematics (004)
* Multi-Subject (002)
* Music (075)
* Physical Education (076)
* Physics (009)
* Russian (019)
* Social Studies (005)
* Spanish (020)
* Students with Disabilities (060)
* Technology Education (077)
* Theatre (078)
* Visual Arts (079)
I need to download the * English to Speakers of Other Languages (022)
I need to download the French 012
P.S. If that doesn't answer your question, I suggest you post the Website here from which you can NOT download!
How can I get help for Educational Technology Specialist 071
I need to download CST Deaf and Hard of Hearing (063) Please