Posted by Brooke on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 at 4:02pm.
When the declaration of independence was signed, Elbridge Gerry from massachusetts signed it too. My project is to research him and right a report. I have everything but one thing.... his viewpoints about breaking away from Great Britain. if you have anything about it that can help me even just a tiny bit i would be very thankful
social studies - adam, Tuesday, February 19, 2008 at 4:07pm
wich is more important state or local goverment and why?
social studies - drwls, Tuesday, February 19, 2008 at 4:15pm
If this is a separate question, post it separately by using "Post a Question" above
social studies - June, Tuesday, February 19, 2008 at 4:58pm
I am doing a project on Cameroon, Africa and I can't find anything. It's due in 10 days!!!!! Ahaaaaa! -June
social studies - drwls, Tuesday, February 19, 2008 at 4:14pm
There is a goood biograhy of him here:
He later served as governor of Massacussetts and Vice Presdent. He was criticized for his highly partisan methods while governor. The practice of gerrymandering congressional districts was named after him.
Another quirk: Although he signed the Declaration of Independence in 1776, he refused to sign the Constitution in 1789. He preferred the more loosely knit Continental Congress.
social studies - Brooke, Tuesday, February 19, 2008 at 4:23pm
Thanks a million, drwls. that was exactly what i needed
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- social studies - who signed the declaration of independence?
- Social studies - 1. why was the declaration of independence important? select ...
- Lang. Arts - 2. Choose the option that corrects the sentence below. If the ...
- social studies - True or False.. The purpose of the Declaration of Independence ...
- SS answer check - 1. why was the declaration of independence important? select ...
- American Goverment - What European country was England's primary rival in North ...
- Social Studies - Do you think the Declaration of Independence was a good way to ...
- Math equation - The Congress of the United States signed the Declaration of ...
- History - 1. After winning the French and Indian War, Great Britain passed the ...
- english. - “[R]emembering the rhythm” and “backs of buses” both contain examples...