Posted by Brooke on Sunday, February 17, 2008 at 2:54pm.
4 = 14
*5t-9 is over 4. if you understand the question please answer!!
- pre- algebra - Joshua, Sunday, February 17, 2008 at 2:57pm
Do have trouble finding t?
- pre- algebra - Brooke, Sunday, February 17, 2008 at 2:59pm
yeah all i need to find is t. it is really confusing me. can you please help me find what t is? if so thanks a lot
- pre- algebra - Joshua, Sunday, February 17, 2008 at 3:07pm
(5t-9/ 4 ) = 14
5t-9 =14*4 multiply 4 to both sides, and it cancels the 4 on the left side.
5t-9=56 add 9 to both sides, and it cancels on the left side.
5t=65 divide by 5 on both sides
- pre- algebra - Brooke, Sunday, February 17, 2008 at 3:09pm
thanks a million!!
- pre- algebra - Guido, Sunday, February 17, 2008 at 6:52pm
Joshua did a great job!
I just want to say that to solve for a variable (any variable) means to isolate the variable on one side of the equation.
Do you see, as Joshua said, that
t = 13?
Do you see that the letter or variable t has been isolated on one side of the equation?
That means Joshua solved the equation for t.
To find out if Joshua is correct (and he is), replace t with 13 in the original equation given and simplify.
If you get the SAME answer on both sides of the equation, then you will know FOR SURE that t = 13.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra (1) - Hello! I'm currently stuck on a ratio problem and do not ...
- Pre-Algebra - what is the surface area of a square pyramid if the slant height ...
- algebra - How do I work this to get the answer because I am stuck. Help, Help, ...
- math check - Simplify each rational expression. 3a(a-4)^2 over a^2(a-4) I don't ...
- (Math)Simplifying using the laws of exponents - I need help with a few problems...
- Pre Algebra - Please help! This is due tomorrow... I don't understand how "...
- Physics - I am in 8th Grade G/T Science, and I had a question in an online test ...
- math - Peform each indicated operation by using LCD and simplify the result. Can...
- Pre-Algebra - Hi, Well, I have a test tomorrow and I was hoping thats someone ...
- Algebra 1A - describe what the graph of interval -4, 10 looks like? This is for ...