Posted by Kyle on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 at 6:27pm.
I'm stumped. Would someone please guide me? The question is: 175% of a number is 50. What's the number? Thank you!
- math-8th Grade - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, February 12, 2008 at 6:30pm
First you need to change the percent to a decimal by moving the decimal point two places to the left.
175% = 1.75
Then set up this equation with x = the number.
1.75x = 50
x = ?
- math-8th Grade - Kyle, Tuesday, February 12, 2008 at 6:38pm
Thank you so much!
- math-8th Grade - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, February 12, 2008 at 7:01pm
You're very welcome.
- math-8th Grade - Guido, Tuesday, February 12, 2008 at 8:58pm
175% must be changed to a decimal number before doing anything else.
So, 175% becomes 1.75
Let x = what number
Then, 1.75(x) = 50
To find x, we divide both sides of the equation by 1.75.
x = 50/1.75
x = 28.57
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Theo made the table below to show the number of middle school students ...
- 8th grade Math - " four less than twice a number is greater than six " Can ...
- Math help - I have a question. How would you solve a system if the variable and ...
- 8th Grade Math - Please help! Which statement is false? A. The number zero is a ...
- Algrebra and Math - Can you help me answer this question? I'm confused, and show...
- 8th grade science - Measurement is a quantity with both a ____________________? ...
- 8th grade homework - Please help me I beg of you! My math teacher is awful and I...
- 2nd grade math requestion post - Okay, my child is doing problem solving lesson ...
- 7th grade math - Could someone show me how to do this please? 26.2% of a certain...
- math - could someone please help me with this problem. Which of the following ...