Posted by Kesha on Monday, February 11, 2008 at 9:23pm.
How do I solve this quadratic function by finding square roots 2x²=200 ?
- ALGEBRA 2 PLEASE HELP - Anonymous, Monday, February 11, 2008 at 9:27pm
Set it to 0
2x² - 200 = 0
Factor out the 2
2(x² - 100) = 0
Use difference of squares
2(x + 10)(x - 10) = 0
Solve for x
x = -/+ 10
- ALGEBRA 2 PLEASE HELP - Guido, Tuesday, February 12, 2008 at 7:04am
Set the equation to 0 and solve for x.
2x^2 = 200
Divide both sides by 2.
x^2 = 200/2
x^2 = 100
Take square root of both sides.
x = positive 10 and negative 10
Always a positive and negative answer in terms of square roots.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra 2 - How do I solve this quadratic function by finding square roots 2x²=...
- algebra 2 - how do you solve quadratic equations by finding square roots
- Math - I can't remember how you find the roots of quadratic equations other than...
- Math - 5y(squared) + 4 = 14 solve quadratic equations by finding square roots
- Algebra - Factor quadratic expressions: 2x^2 + 9x + 4 10x^2 + 70x + 100 Solve ...
- Math - Solve the equation by factoring, by finding square roots, or by using the...
- Algebra2 - Find the polynomials roots to each of the following problems: #1) x^2...
- algebra - 1)Solve by factoring:5x^2=4-19x answer=-4,1/5 2)Which quadratic ...
- Math - Solve the quadratic function y=2x^2-14x -16 by completing the square. ...
- Math - I can't seem remember the rules for this.Can someone please help me with ...