Posted by G on Monday, February 11, 2008 at 10:50am.
The folrmula F=9/5c+32 can be used to make temperature conversions with the Celsius ans Fahrenheit temperature scales.
Convert 100 degress Fahrenheit to the Celsius temperature scale.
Book says answer is 37.78 Celsius
I am not arriving at this answer.
- Algebra - Dr Russ, Monday, February 11, 2008 at 11:04am
Substitute the 100 degrees F
subtract 32 from each side
Is this OK. Can you see where you went wrong?
- Algebra - drwls, Monday, February 11, 2008 at 11:04am
Using your equation F = (9/5) C + 32, which IS the correct equation,
100 = (9/5) C + 32
(9/5) C = 68
C = (5/9)*68 = 37.78 (or 37 7/9)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - the formula C=5/9(F-32) is used to convert Fahrenheit temperature,F, to ...
- INTRO PROGRAMMING - Celsius to Fahrenheit Table Design a program that displays ...
- Math - Temperature readings on the Fahrenheit and Celsius scales are related by ...
- Algebra - In order to covert temperature from Celsius to Fahrenheit,one can use ...
- Algebra - Celsius temperature readings can be converted to Fahrenheit readings ...
- ALGEBRA - . Water freezes at 0◦ Celsius and 32◦ Fahrenheit and it ...
- Proportions - To convert a temperature in degrees Celsius to degrees Fahrenheit...
- Algebra - The formula for converting Celsius temperatures to Fahrenheit ...
- algebra - The formula F=9/5C+32 changes a temperature reading from the Celcius ...
- Algebra - In the metric system there are two official temperature scales: degree...