Posted by Will on Sunday, February 10, 2008 at 9:52pm.
A store clerk wants to stack 55 cans of tennis balls in a triangular display. How many cans would be in the bottom row?
- 4th grade math - Anonymous, Sunday, February 10, 2008 at 10:21pm
answer is 10...i used guess and check ...!
- 4th grade math - Reiny, Monday, February 11, 2008 at 8:18am
Math is the study of patterns.
My first column is the sum of cans after so many rows,
the second column in the increase in the number of cans
Think of racking up billiard balls
....О О О
...О О О О
..О О О О О
.О О О О О О
О О О О О О О
О О О О О О О О
etc, do you see the pattern?
- 4th grade math - Anonymous, Monday, April 16, 2012 at 8:03pm
- 4th grade math - rebecca rosenjust, Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at 5:27pm
the answer i got was 7 tennis balls
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Please Help!! Math - A display of cans on a grocery shelf consists of 20 cans on...
- Math - a grocery clerk nstacks three rows of can of fruit for a display, each of...
- maths - find a6 for an arithmetic sequence where a1=3x+1 and d=2x+6. 2.A display...
- Math - A sporting goods store paid $576for a shipment of 8 cartons of tennis ...
- arithmetic - You have 798 cans in 19 rows. If the cans are placed so that each ...
- math - There are eight shelves. How many soup cans a grocery clerk stack if the ...
- math - If Jenny built a triangle out of soup cans and there are 4 at the top row...
- Math - Tennis balls come on cans of 3. The coach needs 50 tennis balls for ...
- Math - Tennis balls withal diameter of 2.5 in. Are sold in cans of three. The ...
- trigonometry - Find the number of cans stacked in a display if there are 30 rows...