Posted by jim on Sunday, February 10, 2008 at 5:48pm.
You invest 3400 into account earning simple intrest. The balance is 4624 after 8 years. What is rate of intrest?
math - Reiny, Sunday, February 10, 2008 at 6:34pm
4624 = 3400(1+i)^8
(1+i)^8 = 1.36 take the 8th root of both sides
1+i = 1.03918
i = .03918 or 3.9%
math - Guido, Sunday, February 10, 2008 at 8:24pm
We use the formula:
M = P( 1 + i )^n
M is the final amount including the principal.
P is the principal amount.
i is the rate of interest per year.
n is the number of years invested.
M = 4624
P = 3400
n = 8 years
We seek i.
4624 = 3400(1 + i)^8
You do the rest.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - An investor has 7000 to invest in two accounts. The first account earns 8...
- math - 10 years ago raj deposited $5000 into an investment account with intrest...
- math - if I deposited $100 in your savings account today, how much will you have...
- pride - you deposit 7900 in a money market account that pays a intrest rate of 4...
- math - last year Jodie invested $10000, part at 6% anual intrest and the rest at...
- math - if I invest $5000.00 in an account earning simple interest After 6 years ...
- math - Amount of an Investment. The amount of an ivestment of P dollarsfor T ...
- business mathemathics - sharry made a desposit of $860 to open a savings account...
- Please help! - If your bank paid simple intrest Of 4.25% compounded annually how...
- math - How much simple intrest would 1,000 earn in 275 days at an intrest rate ...