Posted by Jon on Sunday, February 10, 2008 at 3:21pm.
1)I have a right triangle. the hypotenuse is 7 the opposite leg is x and an angle is 32.
Which equation can be used to find x?
I chose D
2)A right triangle 26 is the hypotenuse,opposite leg is 15.
Find A to the nearest degree.
I chose C
- Trigonometric functions - Damon, Sunday, February 10, 2008 at 3:39pm
Sin 32 = opposite / hypotenuse
sin 32 = x / 7
sin A = 15/26
sin A = .577
A = 35.23 agree choose C
- Trigonometric functions - Guido, Sunday, February 10, 2008 at 3:46pm
For question 1, we need a trig function that equals opposite over hypotenuse.
Tangent = OPP/HYP
To find x we use CHOICE (C).
For question 2, we are looking for angle A.
We use tan(A) = OPP/HYP
tan(A) = 15/26
Since we are looking for an angle, we MUST use the inverse key. Keep that in mind!
Let arc = INVERSE
Then tanarc = the inverse of tangent
A = tanarc(15/26)
A = 29.98163937
When we round the decimal number above to the nearest degree, we are really rounding the whole number (our 29) to the nearest tens place.
What is 29 rounded to the neaesrt tens place?
Final Answer: 30....Choice (B)
- Trigonometric functions - Guido, Sunday, February 10, 2008 at 3:48pm
I made a mistake.
sine = OPP/HYP NOT tangent.
It was a simple mistake.
Damon got it right.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra 2 Honors - Hi, I'd like some help with one of the questions on my math ...
- Geometry - I need help in this problem: A 14-foot ladder is leaning against a ...
- math - I have 14 questions and I was wondering if someone could check my answers...
- Evaluation-repost - Reposting because it has gone down to the second page! ...
- Math - If the hypotenuse of a right triangle is 13 and one of its legs is 5, ...
- trigonometric functions - im compeletely lost with the trigonometric functions...
- math - The longer leg of a right triangle is 3 more than the shorter leg. The ...
- trig - the leg opposite the 50 degree angle in a right triangle measures 8 ...
- Geometry - Which is the hypotenuse-leg theorem? A. If the hypotenuse and one leg...
- inverse trig functions - evaluate the following expressions: tan(sec^-1(5/3)) ...